07.05b: Breakfast on the Waterfront

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.05b: Breakfast on the Waterfront

Post by Joshua »

"Elf?" he asks, quite unsure of what you mean. "Are you referring to Alys? She's not an elf... or Darnell? He didn't chase me..." He leans forward, "or Pich, the hero who put my world back together after the Darkness tore it apart?"

(What information are you trying to get? It seems that a lot of people mis-read what Osmund said during dinner...)
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"I mean Pich," Renny responds. "Apparently I misunderstood something last night? Can you tell me about him?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, my world was torn apart... He was giften with an item that could pull parts of it back, move them around and put them together. I would call it powerful, but it only worked for my world. It wasn't universal, just local. He fought through many dungeons and monsters to recover the shattered world and to put it back together again. Then we kind of went back in time to prevent the sundering. Uh... I suppose that was local magic as well. Not real."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

OOC Entirely as obviously I'm not there, but... Is he from the world from the Dark Cloud game or something?
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"You and he went back in time and prevented the disaster in the first place?" Renny is impressed.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I don't know. Perhaps we just remade the world so it was as if the destruction did not happen." He shuddered, "It's strange... you could remake the world. Any place I've been to but here. Don't you realize, you're gods?"
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny gives Osmund a long look. "Maybe I could learn, I don't know. What I can do right now is walk from one world to another. It's wonderful, but it's hardly god-like."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Perhaps you have not practiced with it... but you can walk towards anything. As abstract and specific as you want." He takes a breath. "Need an ingredient for cooking? Walk to it. Need servants? Find a tribe that already worships you. You can even specify what kind of skills they have. Want gold? Find a place where it just lays on the ground. That alone is ridiculously powerful." He shakes his head, "Learn to tap it properly and you can alter things that are not real. Call the power to mind and any lesser magic will slide right off of you, and any real magic will recoil at your touch. Bind shadow magic to it, and you can make that magic or anyone a shade realer than they should be."

He sighs, "I can do some of that, but I always go through the bad parts of shadow. You don't have to."

(OOC: Due to a minor rules clarifications, you can do anything he's talking about. It's just through the "bad parts" like he's saying AKA a hellride. Paying the points for it means doing so isn't an adventure, and can be routine. Hellrides are still a lot faster though, just much more dangerous.)
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"You make me sound like if I studied enough, I could be as powerful as a storybook sorcerer; I can already conjure, in the sense that if I look hard enough I can find something, or someone. That's not exactly..." Renny cuts off in mid-sentence, as if an idea has just occurred to her, and she has paused to mull it over.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It's more than conjuration. A conjure is a construct built of magic. You can find something, a whole world, built to your desires, then take from that world anything you wish. And not just physical objects. You could go to a place where a year is as a day. Go through college in less than a week, for any topic. Build something truly horrifying or powerful." He sounds excited, "Then you could make it real. Infuse it with the essence and ..." His eyes go a little wide at that thought.