07.01h: The Seventh Winter (Dance Floor)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01h: The Seventh Winter (Dance Floor)

Post by Joshua »

"It's okay. Perhaps a civil discussion with Ruben? He's from Rebma as well?" Dworkin suggests, pointing to Ruben. "You'll be able to get into all sorts of mischief tomorrow, when the other kids are awake."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Joshua: I'm thinking DCI Carlisle, forensic sorceress for the city. Does that seem reasonable? If so, will flesh out idea and post tomorrow.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Looking around the room, Renny is apparently resigning herself to dancing with Quin when she hears a cool voice say, "May I have this dance?" Turning, she sees a taller lady in her mid-30s, slim, handsome features set off by greying black hair, and Renny's face lights up. "DCI Carlisle! It would be my pleasure." After a quick hug, they start dancing, Renny letting the inspector take the lead.

Thanks to Sarah Wishnevsky and Liz Trumitch for providing inspiration.
Ruben
Needs a Guide

Post by Ruben »

Ruben motions to Jackson to follow him to the table by the fireplace. "Come over, my friend, and tell me about your journey. You can enjoy your, ah, sucker, if you don't mind my pipe."
Sirus
Mostly Sane

Post by Sirus »

Nods softly and follows Ruben to the table and sits down and takes out a sucker and pops it in his mouth with one quick motion."Oh it was very weird I was asleep in my bed and then I dreamed of Dworkin and then he told me a bunch of things and then I woke up here. I guess that's kinda of a journey. Not sure though and then I run through town throwing candy to people I was told that was over "excited" or something" He makes the quote marks around the word excited. He nods softly and then takes out the sucker and looks at the man across from him at the table."That's fine I like the smell of a good pipe it reminds me of my grandpa." His eyes get all big thinking of his grandpa."I tend to get over excited alot it seems and it gets me into a lot of trouble." He swings his feet on the chair and enjoys his sucker.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

DCI Carlisle is a skilled dancer, but her style is as conservative as her dark suit. Renny finds following her lead quite effortless. "Have things stayed quiet since..." Renny trails off.

The inspector seems amused by this. "There have been no more possessions at Mrs. Belle's, if that's what you mean."

"Good," replies Renny, relieved.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

They dance on for several minutes in silence, though the inspector looks like she has something on her mind. Finally Renny thinks back to the conversation with Nathaniel and puts two and two together. "Oh," she says softly, "things haven't been quiet in general, have they?"

"No," DCI Carlisle says. "We are badly understaffed. Crime is getting out of hand."
Ruben
Needs a Guide

Post by Ruben »

Ruben continues scanning the room calmly, his voice targeted firmly on Jackson while his eyes were elsewhere.

"You'll master that in time. It's hard now, and worth the effort, but it will get easier. Part of it comes with age. Part with experience, and part from confidence."

"On the last point, I have to say, you're entitled to feel come confidence: You're the first person 8Lve heard of to have Dworkin appear in a dream and guide you to Amber. He must have seen something in you worthy of that notice and aid. So you can feel good about that."
Sirus
Mostly Sane

Post by Sirus »

Swings his feet back and forth with a huge grin on his face and sucks on the lolly. "Yeah I like it here. Just been doing lessons on various things and was told tonight I could go out." He keeps on swinging his feet looking at Ruben."This place is so much fun." He then looks around and then leaps to his feet."I'm go grab something to drink I'll be right back." With that he dashes to looking around for something to eat and drink.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny and DCI Carlisle dance on for a couple of minutes in silence. Finally Renny says, "Can I help out? I'd like to have a better idea what's going on in the city."

Carlisle nods and is about to say something when the band launches into this piece's coda. She focuses on the tricky final steps of the dance instead of replying to Renny. Dance over, she bows with a flourish, and kisses Renny on the cheek. With a smile and a wink she retreats from the dance floor, leaving a surprised Renny in her wake.

While Renny is still pondering how she feels about this, Quin slips in and says "May I have this dance?"