07.02: Sufficiently Advanced

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.02: Sufficiently Advanced

Post by Joshua »

(Shadow manipulation requires movement unless you pay for that power. Everything else can be done through hellriding, but standing still and bending shadow is 10 points for a reason...)

The druid and Oberon are talking outside. The druid is flat out refusing payment, even when the sounds of cloth tearing happen. He says something akin to, "Seriously, the last Oberon who came through here practically demolished the house. Of course, he had someone following him, where as you have brought your friends. This is nothing and it will be easy enough to rebuild. Mother and Father provide."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall looks puzzled and starts to open his mouth...but then thinks better of it.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

At about this time you hear, "owowowowowo!" from the cabin. Sounds like the kind of sound you might expect from someone pulling a tangle out of their hair or something. She then peeks her head out. Her hair looks a mess on the right side all torn and ripped in the form of what looks to have been an attempt at some kind of braid that's been mostly ripped out, seems to be rapidly getting better though. "Solten, would you be so kind as to grab me some dirt, maybe some mud?"
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten frowns and mouths the words "Bring me some mud?", then shrugs and finds a handful of the lesser pungent mud he can find nearby. He brings it back to the door and holds his hand out commenting "I'm fairly sure most women don't include mud in their clothing, but somehow I'm not surprised. Want me to throw it at you again?" He decides to add a good-natured tease to it as well, and whispers "Though be careful, we may end up wrestling again."
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Blushes when he mentions wrestling for some reason. "I... It's not clothing... it's... Well I'm not dressing in mud, ok... Not exactly anyway... Just... go away and let me work. Thanks for the mud." With that she ducks back in and closes the door.
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

He turns back from the door to the others, looking rather more bemused that usual. "So... anyone want to place bets on exactly what she is doing with that mud?" This was obviously intended to be overheard. He chuckles, then walks to the group.

"I'm honestly not sure if I misheard, or you actually said 'The last Oberon'. What exactly did you mean by that?"
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Oberons are walkers between worlds. He's an Oberon." The druid shrugs. "Well, there's always one Oberon in any group of you."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten looks at Oberon. "That just a form of terminology, or is there a history here that would be interesting to hear?"
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I just like when people use my name. You can specify little details like that." Oberon shrugs.

The druid will go into quite a bit of stories about Oberons. none of which are all that important.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

While the stories are going on, at some point you will notice smoke rising from the cabin's chimney. Apparently Sadie needed fire. Not long after that you hear, "Ooooh Pointy!" and not long after that you hear the sound of objects shattering, and an "Oops!"

Then not much longer after that the door bursts open, and from the cabin in a short but elaborate staff spinning routine (with a spear which has colorful feathers tied just below the spearhead) bursts Sadie, ending the routine with the spear pointed outward with a cocky predatory smile on her lips. She is sporting a rather makeshift, but decently made and attractive primitive women warriors top and bottom. Around both forearms, and her lower legs and feet are cloth wraps, and the front right of her hair has a long thin braid which ends with lovely feathers tied to it. She is also covered in tribal paints that accentuate the contours of her body and add to her primitive attire. In addition to all of this her hair is a mess and wild (except for the braid), accentuated along with the rest of her and her clothing with enough dried mud/dirt to look like she's actually been in the wild. Strapped to her left thigh is a simple hunting in a plain leather sheath. Her collar is wrapped in leaves with three beautiful feathers hanging down in front of her tags. After giving you all a second to let it all in, she says with a sexy primitive growl to her voice, "I am known as Mana the Huntress, and I believe we have quarry to hunt." Ended with a wink as her predatory grin widens to be outright fierce, making her enlarged canines very, very apparent.