07.02: Sufficiently Advanced

The goings on of courts
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.02: Sufficiently Advanced

Post by coldcandor »

((I've come to the conclusion I'm bad at updating on weekends. With luck the rest of the chaos of last week will die done and that part will get better too. Don't be shy about yelling at me, though. More than likely I'm buried in equally unproductive things and have no good excuse not to post soon. I just get extremely single-minded.))

Solten picks up on some of the subtext from Sadie's outburst. However, given his relatively low psyche (low rank amber), the confusion of the newfound relationship, and the constant onslaught of completely new things, he finds himself dragged along for a bit figuratively after recovering physically and following her away.

During the shadowwalk, he watches her closely, attempting to unravel some of the mystery of the emotional swings. As he misses most of the high level shifting of the shadow aspects, there's not a lot else to focus on anyway.

He catches Sadie when she stumbles back and inquires telepathically if she's alright (The typical relatively pointless and obvious question, but more intended to open a link and show concern). Out loud he says "Perhaps we should break here for a bit and exercise our mouths again. This whole walk was about speech, after all. Sadie, you've developed a bit of an accent, interesting."

((What kind of accent is it? I'm picturing either a small lisp-type thing due to the unfamiliar muscle no longer having magical assistence, or a New York City accent :) ))
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

((It's not like you've been on AIM to be yelled at :-P, My personal suggestion is to take the time at least once per day to see if there's something you should be responding to. Takes all of what, three clicks of the mouse to look? Maybe four? :-P))

((It's a I'm still learning to speak accent. Not sure what that would sound like. It won't last long.))

Telepathy: "I think I'll bee alright, just a lot going on feel a bit overwhelmed. Thank you for being here." Smiles back up at him snuggling in for a second.

Sadie speech: "Yeah... I think the spell muddled my training myself to talk... Should go away soon once I figure out where the spell messed me up and what I got right." Still in Solten's arms. "Not sure I can do the Mana voice quite yet now." Pouting slightly. "And I was having fun too." She reluctantly pulls away and sits down on the ground. "If you don't mind I'm going to talk at you all for a bit to get things working right before we get where we are going." Tilts head in thought. "Do, ray, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z. Ch, Th, Sh..." This continues for a bit eventually ending in her trying on various accents, and mastering the Mana voice again.

Standing up with a cocky smile in the Mana voice, "What are we wasting our time here for? Let's get moving!" Turning sharply to and starts moving with a predatory feminine swagger in her step, tail swishing back and forth.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten gives Sadie a simply shoulder squeeze in support (I'm picturing him holding her up against him but with hands grasping shoulders as part of the catch rather than arms around, since it was a small stumble rather than an almost-fall) and watches her practice. He can't help but smile and shake his head at her conflicting personas. When she jumps up again, his mouth quirks back into the crooked grin and he responds in a dry tone "Yes what are we wasting time here for."

He pushes off of the tree he ended up leaning on and follows along once again, wondering just exactly what he got himself into.
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It's hard to tell, but I'm very actively attempting to strip the spell off of Sadie." Oberon grunts and then starts to explain a little bit of what you've been walking through. "I'll head over to a more typical fantasy world. You looking more for a dragon or an orc army? I figure while we're here, we might as well protect a town or something." He grins, "Or I could get you two a room. We are going into our second day of being awake."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

In Sadie's voice filled with childlike giddiness, eyes wide with excitement, "We can see an actual Dragon!?!" Then coughs and tries to look serious and powerful, (Which is difficult with a happily wagging tail that just won't stop) and says in the Mana voice, "A dragon sounds like a decent hunt, don't you think, Solten dear?" Something about the way she says it makes it sound more like an order to agree than a question, however.

Then the implications of Oberon's last statement hits her and her face goes completely red, which she tries to hide by walking ahead of everyone else in a faltering Mana type fashion clearly not in full control of her faculties.

Subtext: In case anyone is confused Mana is a roleplaying persona and not actually a conflicting personality, she is not actually Mana and Sadie. She's just Sadie playing a game. Mostly in honor of a past owner.

OOC: Realized afterwards that Oberon might have meant Nuall and Solten as it's their second day of being awake, and not meant a single room for Sadie and Solten. But not sure as the wording is weird and the smile implies mischief... or any number of things as it's just listed as a smile of no particular type... I don't know... The one is certainly funnier and it'd be about time that chauvinist attitude actually showed up, which is why I probably misread it in the first place... :-P If I am wrong, chances are he gestured in some fashion towards Nuall and Solten, or looked at each in turn, or did some kind of conversational body language or tonality to show that it was them he was talking to. Is also possible the first half was to Solten and Sadie, and the second a blanket explanation to everybody that there is sleep being lacked. If my first interpretation was wrong that he was making implications towards Sadie and Solten about privacy and intimacy ignore the second section of my post.

Lol just realized a lot of my confusion is for the same reason Sadie didn't consider the druids spell really talking...
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"A little sleep would be nice. ...and a hot bath. ...and some clean clothes. I seem have gotten somewhat dirty while digging."

"As for dragons, I an not enthralled by hunting, but it could be enjoyable to watch you three frolic."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Moved Up Ahead
Last edited by Sadie on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

((Didn't see Sadie's post till after I did mine, but I think this would fit in before it well enough. Sadie?))

"Now I know I need to be careful, when she talks of hunting and calls me 'deer'!", he laughs.

When she goes all red, Solten's first instinct is to grin at the embarrassment, especially since he may have helped cause it, but holds it back and decides a attempted save is in order. He heads after her and calls back to the others "What, sleep already? Come, lets save a town from one of these dragons!"

When he catches up, he'll put an arm over her shoulders and continue "Or perhaps save the dragon from the town!" He can't resist a little tease though, now that they are "alone", whispering telepathically "You look good in red, too" and grinning at her.

((Yep, I know she's roleplaying. Solten is mostly bemused with the character shifts. Also, I read Oberon's line the same way you did, and it fit perfectly with his listed personality...

To clarify Solten's reactions to these things, he doesn't understand the romantic aspects and can get flustered or a bit embarrassed in personally intimate situations, but he is not at all embarrassed by references to the primal side of things. He also tends to cover most embarrassment he does feel with more jokes than normal. Looking back at that line, it sounds about like a typical man, doesn't it? lol))
Last edited by coldcandor on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Telepathically back to Solten when he says that, "I have a sharp pointy spear, wanna test if red looks good on you too?" She jokes. "Not that I would know, I'm colorblind." She did snuggle in a bit though when his arm was around her. Is still confused where her canine desire for affection ends, and her human sexuality begins and what things would be interpreted as what.

I'm guessing that technically this post is before my last post and order is off...

So moved from earlier...

Then her nose twitches slightly, then she laughs and shakes her head walking over to Nuall in Sadie mode, she gives him a big hug, then lets go and says in a very soothing voice with her hands on his shoulders and looking up into his eyes. "I'm sorry. I completely forgot in the excitement this is supposed to be an educational trip for your benefit and not a game for my enjoyment. I'm also sorry for getting you so dirty, I forget some humans don't enjoy a good "frolic" in the dirt. So this trip is in your honor, and Solten's so forget I'm here, forget the dragon and tell us Nuall, what do YOU want to do? What do you feel will be the most educational or simply fun? Well after we all get some sleep of course." with a wink and a smile. "Never have slept as a human..."

All fixed

OOC, sorry it's a dragon and not a helpless fox mr. noble :-P
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"My dear Lady, I have never seen a dragon. I believe that seeing one would count as part of my education. Also, I believe this little jaunt was meant to last for a week or so, which means there is time for learning and time for play as well. A whole week of nothing but classes would be dreadfully dull. Also, it would seem that your education is as important as my own...or Solten's. We are in this together.

"When we left Castle Amber, I was trusting in Oberon's judgement on where to go and what to see. I have seen no reason yet to doubt his judgement and am content to follow where led."