07.01g: The Seventh Winter (Fireside Table)

The goings on of courts
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.01g: The Seventh Winter (Fireside Table)

Post by colomon »

Renny nods. "I think more permanent and more accessible trade routes would be a wonderful thing. But finding better trade goods would also be a wonderful thing, and not just for Nathaniel's family -- everyone who trades with them will be better off, too. I think it's worth pursuing both approaches."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys smiles. "Fair enough. And I'm sure Nathaniel would not prove unworthy of inclusion in such an expedition."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Nathaniel nods lightly. "We can talk more tomorrow, if you still want to be shown around town... Lady..."

Once again, he attempts to get up and excuse himself only to be interrupted by a massive platter of giant cookies. He sighs, and sadly grabs one.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys smiles at Nathaniel, and helps herself to a cookie. "I'm looking forward to it. If it's not too much trouble, I'd prefer to get started early; around dawn would be ideal."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny gives it a funny look but tries one of the cookies. With two hesitant bites, puzzlement changes to surprise changes to blissful adoration, and she claims two more from the platter before finishing the one she started.
Ruben
Needs a Guide

Post by Ruben »

Ruben passes on the dessert course, but motions for the waiter to ask for a dessert drink. He is wellpleased with the proffer of a vintage port in the appropriate glass.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Nathaniel, once again attempts to excuse himself. "If we are to be active at dawn, I will need to make preparations. If you will finally excuse-" His words will be cut off by the brief flicker of people vanishing. (He cannot catch a break tonight.) This time he finally just says, "That's it, I'm going. I'm sorry, but if I stay I fear that something odder will happen to keep me here." He will sulk back to his table where he is met by an older man. (After some discussion they will leave, but more stuff may happen here.)

The house dessert-wine is okay, until you try it with the cookie. Then it's really good.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Hm? Yes, certainly, you may go." Alys seems distracted - her attention almost entirely on the aforementioned vanishing people, rather than the conversation at hand.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"Did they just... vanish?" Renny is looking at her second cookie with a frown, as if it might have been laced with a little something extra.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"It seems these cards," Alys taps her trump deck, "aren't just for communication..."