07.01g: The Seventh Winter (Fireside Table)

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

07.01g: The Seventh Winter (Fireside Table)

Post by Wyvern »

(Previous thread)

A small (as feast hall tables go; it could still easily seat eight or nine) circular table stands near a fireplace, the ice sculpture in the center unperturbed by proximity to the crackling flames. At least for those seats facing away from the fire, it commands an excellent view of the room as a whole; in the unlikely event that the dining room comes under attack, this would be a good place to both notice and from which to respond.

Alystrakos takes the seat nearest the fireplace, and casually tosses a bit of squid towards the flames - where it's snapped neatly out of mid-air by an apparently fire-proof dog.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.01g: The Seventh Winter (Fireside Table)

Post by colomon »

If the seat is unoccupied, Renny will take the seat next to Alys furthest away from the fire. (I suppose if they're equidistant she'll choose the one on Alys's left.) "Your dog?" she asks, obviously a bit amused at the sight.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

(According to the GM, the various minor nobles aren't allowed to sit at a table with any of the royalty without permission. Therefore, yes, the seat is unoccupied. Feel free to declare that the seat to Alys' left is the furthest from the fire; as a general rule of thumb, you can specify minor details like that, if they haven't already been declared. Or, if you're out in shadow, even if they have.)

Alys nods. "Say hello, Tinder." Tinder looks up and makes a genial "rarau" noise. (For an idea of the sorts of vocalizations Tinder tends towards, go look up "Basenji" on youtube.)
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

(Just didn't want to stomp on anything you'd already established. But sure...)

From her seat on Alys's left, Renny says, "Pleased to meet you, Tinder."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund walks over and tentatively sits in as inconspicuous a place as you can in a small table. He does not take off his hood or the gauss covering his face. (Might be interesting to see how he tries to eat. He snuck the cookie under the gauss.)
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

Trina walks over and takes the seat across from Alys. "You've picked a lovely spot. Thank you for the game. It was well played."
Turning to Renny "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the Lady Eretria." She holds out her hand for shake.
Ruben
Needs a Guide

Post by Ruben »

Ruben arrives at the table and freezes for a moment, silently weighing the benefits of sitting near a friendly face in the form of Renny or even Osmund, but instead walks to the rear, and turns to sit with his back to the fire, looking out into the room.
"May I join you here?" he asks Trina. Despite the heat, he chooses to keep his jacket on as he sits down with the group.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

I think I may have confused things here. Alys's seat is the closest to the fire, ie her back is to it. Renny is next to her, so still close to the fire -- she wanted to sit next to Alys, but as much as possible not have her back to a large dog in the fire. As I understand things, Trina is sitting as far away from the fire as possible.

Renny shakes Trina's hand with a smile. "I'm Ranait, but please call me Renny. I'm delighted to meet you."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

OOC: Wow, chaos and confusion in seating arrangements... So, it looks like current seating is probably something like: (Using a code block to hopefully preserve my attempt at ascii "art".)

Code: Select all

Trina
       /-------\  Osmund?
Ruben? | table |
       \-------/
    Renny     Alys
---wall------(Fireplace)--
Tinder responds to Renny with a quiet noise that sounds like a cross between a chirp and a howl, bobbing his head politely before turning his attention back to the room in general.
"I suppose," Alys comments, "with people like Asai wandering around, I should explicitly mention: Tinder is smart, but not sentient."

To Eretria, "Thank you. I must admit, I've encountered few that could play as well as you did; perhaps we should try a few more rounds sometime. Preferably with a few more players; at just three, the game is still a bit too predictable."
Last edited by Wyvern on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund will be avoiding conversation and just observe for now. Although he will respond to direct questions, he's way to fidgety to think about getting to know people.