07.01f: The Seventh Winter (Table of the Giant)

The goings on of courts
Veyska
Lunatic

Re: 07.01f: The Seventh Winter (Table of the Giant)

Post by Veyska »

"Humans don't seem to bother looking before they leap, and for the most part they're pretty terrible at leaping regardless. And then there are those who leap, then look, and claim where they landed was where they meant to all along..."

((Sentence one: snark at humans, though precisely what sort of spin you put on the second half is up to you - largely calling humans unimaginative/insightful, but also some implication that their blind jumps are too tame... Probably also a bit of subject matter blurring and referencing the fact that Asai can physically out-leap humans as well. Sentence two: snark at Dworkin. Snarkage for all!))

((Yes, it amuses me the subtext was longer than the post...))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Asai and I were talking about our visitor. I'm not sure if you wanted to try talking to him or not... If you wanted to wait, I could show you around Ht'gon or Tir-Na Nog'th," Morgana offers. "and Asai, you'd be welcome to join us in either case."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Asai's comment earns a twitch of a grin. "Landings can be tricky, even when you have been paying attention."

To Morgana: "I'm in no particular rush to talk to Odin myself - so seeing Ht'gon seems like a good plan for now. I can tour Tir-Na Nog'th and I suppose maybe even Rebma later."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

"I would be inclined to vote for taking Alystrakos sight-seeing rather than seeing what happens if we poke Odin with sticks, whether figurative or literal. Sometimes the landing site is paying attention too."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I assume your night vision is good?" Morgana asks, more as a double-check than anything. She hasn't seen Alys function at night.

"Let's head out then..."

(OOC: Did we want to actually do a tour scene or skip ahead a little?)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Quite."

(OOC: Looks like a little bit of scene might not be a bad plan? Doesn't need to be much - I imagine most of the tour can be narrated & skipped over without too much trouble. Dunno. What do you think is best?)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Actually, do you mind if we drag Osmund along? I'm not entirely sure that we want to leave him..." Alys looks over at the table where Osmund is now sitting alone, "unchaperoned."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana nods. "Whoever you want to take. I doubt he's quite that threatening."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shrugs. "I don't think he means harm, at least. Nor does he represent quite as much potential threat as, say, Odin. But he's still got some form of real power. And besides, I think he'd appreciate the tour."

She waves Osmund over, and, when he gets there, explains, "Morgana has been kind enough to offer a tour of Ht'gon; would you like to come along?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund walks over. "Sure... As long as we can get back before Eretria wants to talk to me tomorrow."