07.01d: The Seventh Winter (Dinner Table)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01d: The Seventh Winter (Dinner Table)

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Opinions expressed by Oberon are very sexist and do not represent the ST. Besides, I'm gay.)

Oberon raises an eyebrow then laughs... He thumbs through the cards, and pulls out the ones for Renny, Eretria, Alystrakos and Morgana.

He puts aside Morgana's. "Well, ogres really aren't my thing, but there is something to be said for a lady with a little heft."

He then places the other three in front of himself. "Hmm... Noble Alys or down-to-earth Renny. I'd have to say that I'd like to see why Alys has clawmarks in her picture." He winks at the two of you.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall shuffles through his cards and stops to look at one.

"Yes, the claw marks are interesting, but personally I think you should be more worried about the scorched earth. She seems to be dressed like living flame herself. You might find yourself being scorched friend Oberon. One should always be careful with noble ladies...they can all scorch you one way or another."

Nuall winks and chuckles.

"Given my own background I have always been force to limit myself to those who were lower rank than myself. Were I to limit myself to those in these decks I could no longer do so. I am after all a lowly ace, so everyone outranks me...which is probably for the best."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon looks at you. "The Ace is above the king in most games. Not sure about the tarot, but definitely in normal cards."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall looks a bit confused.

"The ace is higher than the king? But an ace is only one...even a two is higher than that. We must be playing some very different games, or I know less about counting than I thought.

"In any event you cannot be implying that I outrank you. That would be madness indeed. You are older, no doubt wiser, and more established in the court. I am merely...me. I cannot even imagine why my image even appears in these decks...there are others who are no doubt more worthy. I would say that card does not even represent me, but the other likenesses are striking and I have yet to see anyone else who looks more like that card than I do. Perhaps that is another thing to ask Darnell or Eretria about."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"While the ace isn't higher, per se, it represents the source. Where the rest of the suit comes from. The primal font if you will." Oberon shrugs. "As for the page, I'm here as a facilitator. A page exists to make the knights shine. It is the role I've chosen. Helper, social director, friend."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

This seems like as good a time as any for the grilled fruit to arrive. The third course is here.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Or perhaps the numbers on the cards have no meaning whatsoever. Maybe he thought it make the most attractive pictures this way. Only Dworkin truly knows why he chose to make the decks as he did."

Nuall holds his deck out to Oberon.

"You could try to ask him I suppose. I for one feel safer living with the mystery."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I don't think Dworkin really knows what he's doing. Maybe part of him does, but I'm not sure it agrees with the other parts." Oberon shrugs and munches on the grilled fruits. "So, it's not a matter of knowing. I don't think he understands it either. Still, perhaps he just sees potential."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"So even Dworkin doesn't understand what he is doing and or why he is really doing it? That sounds like every ruler that I have ever heard tell of."

Nuall starts to chuckle, but then a look of horror comes across his face and the fork slips from his hand.

"By the Mad God, that means I really could be suited to be a ruler! ...or at least as suited as any who end up holding the titles. ...I...but...I...no..."

Nuall reaches for his wine glass and drains it quickly.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Perhaps that's the point. A court full of kings." Oberon things a moment. "Interchangeable, and all powerful. Could we create something like this?"