07.01d: The Seventh Winter (Dinner Table)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.01d: The Seventh Winter (Dinner Table)

Post by Joshua »

(From main topic. This only contains NPCs at the moment, but if you'd like to gossip with Oberon, he knows the city.)

Oberon is a well known member of court, a tall man, youthful and strong, with a noble-lady on each arm. He struts into the room, eliciting glares of envy from some of the other females in the room. He's wearing a tunic and overcoat out of a renaissance painting, with an oversized fencing rapier that looks a bit more like a longsword. He takes a seat at one of the dining tables, ready for the upcoming meal.

He is greeted by a rousing chorus of recognition from the nobles at the table, and immediately starts to talk of local goings-on and practices in the city and castle.
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.01d: The Seventh Winter (Dinner Table)

Post by coldcandor »

Solten decides it's time to get a seat at the main table, and maybe even learn something, and starts to make his way from the refreshment area.
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

This is one of the long tables, that would normalyl seat about 30, but it's set for 12. He leans back in his chair as you approach, and waves you over. "A new face I see. Who is this that I don't know?"
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Other than politeness and what he can gather quickly to be important, Solten lacks pretty much all courtly graces. Instead, he walks up to the table, glances at the seat arrangement, and sits across from Oberon. "Call me Solten. You must be Oberon. A pleasure to meet you." He offers his hand to shake.
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon looks around for a moment, before standing and (rude to everyone else) shaking your hand across the table, jostling some of the fine goblets and place-settings. "Good to meet you. Yes, I am Oberon, Page of Amber. I think I recognize you. Dworkin said something about a member I had not met." He sits down, "Soltan, it is a good name. Are you named for the ruler? Alas, I am not."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

((I think I underestimated the width of the table when offering the handshake if he was forced to do that, but the result is interesting enough to continue anyway. Perhaps others will think it a power game by the newcomer or something))

Pleased at the gesture, Solten pleasantly corrects "Solten", emphasizing the last syllable. "I suppose it's possible that was chosen as a base for the name, though I doubt it. Never occurred to me to wonder, honestly. Oberon is a good powerful name, regardless of connections. Wear it well." He pauses a moment to take a drink of water. "And then there's Dworkin. You don't suppose this party is in celebration of his proclaiming the source of his name, do you?" The slightly crooked smile is back on his face in full force.
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I don't know where his name is from. Or him for that matter. I suppose if he drew all of shadow, that makes him a creator, but he is still a person." Oberon sits down. "No, the winter festival is celebration of how long this place has existed. The special preparation... I have no idea what that is. He spoke about it when someone wanted to get ahold of Benabik and he was out in shadow. I am guessing it's a form of communication he designed, but it's just a guess."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

"A new form of communication, you say? That does sound intriguing. Perhaps not as much as the story of the creator of all shadows, however." Solten glances at the shadows cast by his place setting and his smile slips for a moment as he wonders exactly how this Dworkin could have created them, but doesn't let on about it. Obviously big things are happening here. The slightly crooked smile returns as he says "Do let them hurry with the food. I'm downright starving!"
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"You know that pattern on the floor that you walked? Apparently it is everything, and Dworkin drew it. That's all I really got out of him though." Oberon laughs, and shrugs. "Well, food will be here soon."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall casually strolls up to the table and bows deeply.

"Lords and Ladies, my name is Nuall. May I have the pleasure of joining your company?"