07.09l: Rights and Privileges

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.09l: Rights and Privileges

Post by Joshua »

Brilh will pause, then run after his dad. hard to tell if he'll take you seriously or not about the job, but you made quite an impression.

One of two things will happen at this point... Either, Harrune (and perhaps Asai) will stand still, and people will gradually vanish from the crowd until they are by themselves or they will walk off and similar will happen. This is clearly a power of some kind, but it's not sorcery or conjuration.

I'll see what you two do before continuing.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

At the moment, Harrune is content to stay put and make a little small talk with the family...and Asai is she's paying attention.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: If Asai's player wishes to be pulled along, that's fine. There is an IC reason to go both ways, so, I can accommodate the player.)

From inside the effect, when people are obscured (such as passing behind the crowd), they vanish from your sight. There are implications that they don't vanish, as at least one person is talking to someone vanished. This effect is slowly accelerating, causing people who walk behind you to vanish as well...

From outside, if you lose track of Harrune in the crowd, he vanishes. He's simply not standing there when you look back. He could have moved, it's kind of hard to tell.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune grows steadily more tense as the effect becomes more noticeable. "Fillane, you're not a fighter. You should get clear now to play it safe. Alaror, if she chooses not to I need to get your sister out of here."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

They look at each other briefly... "What are you talking about?" before looking around. Unfortuantely, the moment you are out of their line of sight you vanish to them, and as you look around, they vanish as well, leaving Harrune alone (except perhaps for Asai).

Continued in the Eye.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

((Bleh. I was going to post last night, then I got eaten by the downloaded archives of an old webcomic, and then the forums randomly logged me out again so I didn't see there were new posts until Wyvern poked me. Also, I'm not certain which time zone my brain is trying to operate in but it sure as heck ain't PST right now.))

Asai isn't particularly paying attention, but neither is she leaving. Very much the feline "I am being sociable by existing near you" sort of thing, except rather than sleeping or staring off at some nonexistent point in space she's quite clearly thinking hard about something - brows furrowed, periodic head tilts, occasional pursed lips, and so forth - although given Asai it's as likely she's busy pondering the aerodynamics of mice as it is the Hivers or something more down-to-earth. Whether she notices the growing effect or not is impossible to tell... until Harrune warns his two companions to get out. It's not quite a direct reaction to his comment, the timing of Asai's ears perking is wrong for that, but it could easily be mistaken for such by others. Even as Fillane and Alaror disappear Asai springs into the air, vanishes...