07.09n: Calm Before...

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.09n: Calm Before...

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods, and prepares to depart. "Operating too far outside one's preferred environment can be... troublesome, yes. Perhaps someone could find a way for you to attend such affairs by some form of magical projection?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Unfortunately, I suspect that would be as big an insult as sending an envoy or not coming at all." She will sigh. "I do dislike surface dwellers. They understand a lot less about how their actions impact the others. Some of you show promise, but the common folk... are another story."

"thank you for your warning. Let me know the times and I will make sure that some of our guards are there."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys sighs as well. "Attending by proxy should not be an insult. We will have to do something about that, though it may take some years..."

"As for consequences, the 'common folk' simply do not live long enough; when you expect to be gone in a scant few decades, it is all too easy to ignore issues that you do not expect to reflect back on you within that time span. My work should help with some of that; providing a unified basis for law in the city will also provide a means to make repercussions more immediate, even in absence of the cultural framework you have built in Rebma."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

She will nod. "I look forward to seeing your proposal... as well as what Harrune decides."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

And with that, Alys heads back out, looking for Osmund and Cameron.