07.06l: Mixed Messages

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.06l: Mixed Messages

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam raises an eyebrow. "What, you missed the whole 'lured onto the pattern with no explanation, warning, or understanding' thing?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will look at Rasanam. "I hadn't heard of that.* I don't believe anyone's been lured onto the pattern with no explanation before." He will look up. "Oh, he made it. Too late to warn Ashara then." He will pull out Quin's trump card**, "I'll send someone to make sure he gets back here."

Odin will wince, a little embarrassed by Dworkin's actions. "This seems to be a bit more of internal politics than I was expecting to see. Why would you force someone to become a noble?" He will ask, however Dworkin will not answer.
_______
*: Last panel.
**: Per the 'normal' rules of the book, it is not possible to make a trump call while Pattern Lens is active. Not that any PC would really know that at this point.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra clearly hears the word play and evasion in Dworkin's non-answer. She stares at him for a moment, a look of incredulity on her face before addressing him. In somewhat of an apologetic tone she begins, "Not that it's my place to question after you invited me here, sir...but you didn't exactly answer either of Odin's or my husband's questions. I can't imagine that you wouldn't be aware of the details of anyone walking the Pattern. Why would anyone need to force, trick, mislead, coerce, or otherwise goad Cameron or Aibne...or Krajk for that matter...into walking the Pattern?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin shrugs. "I don't know, perhaps it is because this place is so new. Founding dynasties isn't all that easy, and most would rather join an existing one." He will turn toward Odin and cut off the visitor's question. "Isn't that the problem you are here to deal with?"

Odin will snort with a grumble and stand up. "I suppose. Perhaps, then, this is not the best place for me to make my observations. Lyra, would you be so kind as to introduce me Cameron or Aibne?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra looks a bit uneasy at the tension but nods to Odin saying "Of course. AIbne's right over this way." She takes her husbands hand as the two of them lead the way over to the side of the hall.