07.01d The Seventh Winter (Fireside Negotiations)

The goings on of courts
Veyska
Lunatic

Re: 07.01d The Seventh Winter (Fireside Negotiations)

Post by Veyska »

Asai gives a short trill of laughter. "There would be more libraries and places of learning, and more delegation so that I could spend much of my time in such places. Not every head did such, back where I grew up, but I always liked the ones that did so so best."

((The sentiment is entirely true, but Asai's downplaying herself. I/she figures that seeing as how Ossian is going to look down on her anyhow, it might as well be a useful overhead facade she puts up, more or less. Cue: bookish librarian cat.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"That seems good." He will offer, in the most positive way he can. "well, places of learning is a definite."

He will bow out then. "Thank you for your time. Sorry to repeat the rumor, but it does make me nervous."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

"Well if the repeating makes you so nervous, perhaps you shouldn't."* With that, Asai will bob a cheerful farewell and wander off in search of more productive conversation.

(Continued in Dinner with Dragons

((*She's got enough psyche to pull a bluff if she really wanted to, but in this case she's going more for confusing him. Whether he figures she simply misunderstood him or that she's implying he's the source of his nervousness and the rumor's just a front is entirely up in the air and she'll be curious to see what he makes of it.))