07.11b: Morning on a Fae Hill

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.11b: Morning on a Fae Hill

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"We could make a declaration if need be. I'd just want to make sure something like that wouldn't cause more problems than it would solve so I'd need to pick careful wording and run it by you or someone similar to make sure it wouldn't cause unforeseen complications. If my idea for a public service sounds acceptable to you as well, I can start working out some details. Ht'Gon teaches a bit about various races in school but I'm not sure how encompassing that curriculum is or if any of the other Courts have anything similar. In addition to a public welcome and orientation center, I'd want to try and work with the teachers in Ht'Gon and coordinate with the other Courts to make sure everyone knows some basic information."

Lyra glances at the charts on the wall curiously. "Are you really dealing with that many violent crimes? Can we help out in any way?"
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam ponders. "Well, if it will help, I can certainly put some time in importing... what exactly do you need? As for specific property values... I suppose I'm less concerned with either that or who moves in, as I am with making sure that the people in the area now don't feel pushed out or cheated; if they want to stay, that should be a reasonable option."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

For Lyra, she will nod and agree immediately, pulling out a few-half-finished plans. "Part of the issue.. I'm a banshee, or more specifically: bean sídhe*. I'm drawn to death, but people keep freaking out about some kind of death-wail I'm supposed to have. I mean, I cry when I see people die, kinda loud, but that's it. Most of us have versions of our type in every shadow, but the nuances are essential and can be fatal."

For Rasanam, Lady Ninear will produce a long list of 'riot over' and 'disagreements over' reports, as well as a few 'vanished in forest looking for' notices... "I can compile a better list, but yeah, what we don't have here it's next to impossible to import, and we haven't had much time to setup a way to get materials. Lots of us are enchanters or wonderworkers of some kind and a lot of those take exact components. Some of the inhabitants have very exact nutritional requirements as well. Like blood or livers."

"The trouble is about what you'd expect for a city this size without a strong government or police force. We're getting it under control slowly."

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks over the lists he's been handed. "All of these look doable... individually. All together, though? Hm... maybe I should ask Harrune how he's been managing. Or maybe I can work something out using Trump..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Perhaps. A method to allow people to travel without Pattern or great magic would help." She sighs. "None of that makes sense to me. Give me police procedure any day. I'll do what I can there, and leave the world-shaping to you."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"I'll see what I can do."

((Edit: This thread's officially done. There may be a bit more conversation, but nothing else of importance; narrative thread continues in Into the Woods.))