07.13d: A Roll of the Dice

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.13d: A Roll of the Dice

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods, and sips at the drink Rogbar brought her, content for the moment to see where the conversation goes without her interference.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

After a few more rounds of the dice, Holt wins again (albeit only just barely ahead of Jiga), and Alys bows out of participating in a third game, offering her seat to either Rogbar or Asai.

"I wish you all a good evening." She nods politely to all present, and then heads off towards the riddle contest (with a brief stop at the refreshments tables again on the way).
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Ack, almost had it" Jiga states with only mild disappointment, looking at her final piece so close to to home. "I think I'll bow out of the next round." She finishes off her drink and surveys the room. "Riddles sound interesting...and then there's the maze. Anyone interested in either of those?"
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

After a time, a grey-suited server arrives from elsewhere, bearing with him a covered platter. He gives a brief glance over the members of the table, though it appears to be more of a formality than an attempt at identification.

"Good evening all. May I pry if perhaps any of our plethora of most appreciable peacekeepers be piqued in a pastry?"*
Lunatic

Jiga looks momentarily at a loss for words before smiling warmly. "I'd definitely be delighted to devour a few delectable delicacies." She will stand and select a few tasty looking treats, nodding appreciatively to Caelund. "Riddles I suppose it is then." To the group she says "Thank you all for the offers and suggestions. Lady Ninear I'll be sure to provide you with a more concrete answer soon, and I'll follow up with you Asai on when a good time might be for some instruction." She holds out a clawed hand to Rogbar. "Care to go test our wits against Cassandra?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will wince. "Uh, Cassandra explained that I am forbidden from talking to her unless it is to save a life... Or uh... what was the phrasing... I may speak to her neither inside nor outside, naked or clothed, not on land or in water. It... wasn't a good date. I can wait for you nearby."

Ninear will nod to Jiga. "Anytime..."

Before Both Ninear and Holt will try some of the pastries... (not sure who is staying at this point... or if this should wind down.)
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga nods to Lady Ninear before turning to Rogbar. "Well I technically am here as your plus one, not the other way around so you can decide. I certainly don't want to cause any problems with Cassandra."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai had largely turned her attention elsewhere to more active games by this point*, though one ear was still canted towards the discussion until it winds down and some of the participants disperse. Caelund's arrival, tray of delectables in hand, gets no immediate response from her but after a few moments she sniffs the air appreciatively and peers back over her shoulder.

(*Apparently there are some... interesting wagers going on at a nearby table.)
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

The server will helpfully pass out a variety of interesting and delicious baked goods of (relatively) mundane varieties.

He pauses a moment to consider the large Amberite cat sniffing curiously in his direction, look over the remaining dishes on his platter, selects an appropriate morsel hiding beneath the heading cover, and offers her the only flaming delectable of the group.
"Good evening Lady Asai, as you appear to have exhausted your existing entrees, allow me to advance an alternative appetizer. If the piquant is found pleasing, I would posit to ponder a potential proposition. "

To Rogbar he then turns.
"Sir, it seems though the sphinx slighted the situation of speech from the cusp of an access whilst insubstantial and soaring. A singular suggested sample of several solutions, certainly."

Post by Veyska »

Asai briefly contemplates the fiery morsel for a brief moment in that disconcertingly intense way that cats have, before accepting it and taking a bite without even bothering to put out the flames. "Intriguing," she will comment before blowing out the remaining flames and nibbling at the remainder in the more traditional fashion.

"It might be amusing to try and help you through the located loophole," she will then say to Rogbar, " and it would be noticeably less complicated than the one I thought of though both would be physically located in more or less the same spot. Flight's already taken care of, at least for the night, and insubstantial is easier to manage than transfiguring someone into a piece of talking finery. At the very least it has the potential to be a safer and more entertaining disruption of the party than the one near miss already."