07.13c: Go, Do Something

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.13c: Go, Do Something

Post by Joshua »

Anriki is waiting for the conversation to pass... Although he does enjoy the tea and is taking the time to think several dozen moves ahead*.
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra takes another bite and nods to Caelund. "Well you've certainly represented them well. This is delicious. My apologies but I should return my attention to the game." She looks over at Anriki to make sure he's ready before she quickly surveys the board and makes a decisive move, quickly refocusing her attention on the board.
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

The grey-attired man observes the next few plays silently, studying the participants as much as the board while he finishes his tea, before returning the empty vessel to Lady Nia with a concise bow and appropriate statements of gratitude.

To the two Amberites, he offers further comment: "It seems that further conversation may wait, then. It shall be interesting to learn of the resolution to your endeavors, but for the time being perhaps I might be more productive elsewhere." Presuming he is not recalled, Caelund will offer final bows and depart, though perhaps at what might be considered the upper bounds of polite briskness.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The game of go passes quickly. Anriki win, but not by much, and he will admit... "That was by less than the advantage you gave me." he will bow at Lyra and the others. "It is nice to know there are worthy opponents among the Amberites. And to know they are focused on helping this city."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam puts a few finishing touches on his sketch, and then turns it around to show to Anriki.

The state of the board is an odd amalgam, with a dragon spiraling outwards from that first black piece, and different sections of the board being shown at different times during the game, all the way outwards to the counted pieces standing by the sides of the board showing the game's final outcome. Other metaphors mingle with the dragon motif over the board - ramparts and walls, some standing, some fallen, and so on and so forth.

As noted previously, Anriki is shown with a sort of a ghostly image of Lyra looking over his shoulder, pointing towards the board.

Lyra herself, by contrast, is sketched in with just a few strokes that nevertheless seem to capture her attitude (and current form) - she wasn't the focus of the sketch, and Rasanam has had a decent amount of practice at evoking her presence with a minimum of effort.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Anriki will blink, ears will lower in shock. "That is... one of the most amazing displays fo go I have ever seen. A narration of the game that I would not have thought of." He will look at it with reverence. "Quite amazing."

"If that is okay, I would need to prepare for a full game. It seems I must prepare for my inevitable loss, but I will not go quietly. Perhaps I can last one more game or so against the full power of Amber."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Really?" Rasanam asks, clearly surprised at Anriki's response. "...I guess that's what comes of taking drawing lessons from Dworkin."

After a moment's consideration, he carefully cuts the page out of his notebook and offers it to the tanuki.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra will stand. "Anriki, it's been a pleasure. Thank you for a wonderful game. I suppose i'll go test my intellect against Cassandra for a bit next." She will offer a curtsy to both Caelund and Anriki but waits for her husband before departing for the riddle contest.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Anriki will gratefully take the picture. "Thank you. I hope that we will have time again." he will bow to both Lyra and Rasanam, before returnign to his exhibitions games against 3 - 8 people at a time.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam offers the tanuki a bow in return before moving to follow his wife.