07.13b: Wandering the Desserts

The goings on of courts
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 7.13b: Wandering the Desserts

Post by kitsunenotsume »

The man seems rather tense as she begins her judgement, but any remaining unease quickly dissipates as her opinion becomes clear.
"Thank you most graciously, Miss Keigwin." He offers a sincere bow of gratitude. "I would be most pleased to reciprocate your hospitality, if you desire it in future."

He follows with a similarly hushed tone, and extracts a blank card, quickly doodling a business-card while he talks.
"Well, Seth - my manager - does the baking, but we work out the recipes together. I find the ingredients during my other jobs, and he is better suited to the larder alchemy. The glaze was my own touch though, and I'm rather pleased with how that has turned out. Worked a tad better here than I was expecting, quite frankly. As for the shop, its just past the fountain with the sun-dial, the sign should be rather telling."

He offers her the completed card, bearing a flaming rhizome in an oven, with an address written below. As a motion catches his eye, the grey-attired man glances towards the game tables and narrows his eyes ever so slightly when he notes Alys' roving gaze across the room. The distraction is only momentary however, and his attention returns to the brownie.

"If you have any more exotic shopping lists, I can do what I can to keep an eye out for them. I'm sure we have plenty to offer*."

Post by misfit »

Breaca takes the card and looks it over. Then she gives Caelund an appraising look. "Nice job on the card. And they glaze was your work? You're a man of many talents it would seem. And you're good at finding things as well? It sounds like you're one I'll need to keep an eye on. If you're not someone special yet, I wager you will be. But don't you expect me to be bowing and scraping to you. You start getting to high and mighty and I'll bring your head back down to size."
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

The man bows slightly at the compliments. "I have found that surviving much of life is often a matter of having the right thing in the right place at the right time, or trying to make the best of whichever is missing." He glances over the general scene of the courtyard beside them with a tired and almost nervous sigh. "And if it is all right with you, I'd like to hold you to it - the highest horse is a wrapped gift for the snipers.

With conflicted a shake of his head Caelund drops the subject, returning to the demeanor of a courtly neophyte. "Right, uhm, I'd hate to be squandering your time. Is there anything I can help with? Otherwise I probably aught to locate my benefactor in this instance. I saw him go to the castle with a canine gentleman, and they may be back by now."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Aye, you're right lad. There's much to be done and here I am lazing about like a daisy in the sun. Feel free to stop by and see my any time. If I think of anything unusual that I need I'll keep your kind offer in mind. Good luck to you." With that Breaca bustles off and back to work.
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

Caelund's thoughtful gaze follows her for a moment, before nodding to some internal conversation, and attending to his display once more. After replacing any missing pastries, he seats his gloves once more, assess and picks up his platter, and heads back into the festivities.