07.11j: The Pre-meeting

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.11j: The Pre-meeting

Post by misfit »

"Of course Will. Anything I can do to help. Maybe you can make more sense of it than I've been able to so far. It was pretty overwhelming."

"As for abilities, obviously when it is directly active in an individual they have a great deal of psychic power. It also seems that it can increase the strength of those it is active in. Aibne and Lady Alys could tell you more about that. And of course they fight with one mind. That gives them a level of coordination that we can't match. That may not sound like much, but it can be very formidable in practice."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"It figures," Spellbinder says in a clearly disgusted tone of voice. "The day I prep my spell for urban renewal is the day things hit the fan around here. I should be able to make do with some of them, but I'll hardly be at my best in a fight. Unless..."

"Okay, I don't know the city well enough and don't have the contacts to play private eye yet. Quin is definitely better suited to that than me. But, if you need someone inside the Church I may be able to help you out there. I'm new here. No one knows my face yet." Spellbinder grins. "They don't even know my hair color yet. Like I told Raven, the whole secret identity thing has its advantages. I just change my clothes and no one will recognize me. They might be able to detect the magic I'm carrying, but that's not so unusual here from what I've seen. I don't know if they tell someone who has walked the Pattern, but if so they won't recognize me that either. I can certainly hold my own long enough to run like hell if it all goes wrong."

"So, what do you think: is it worth doing or would it just complicate things? I've always hated being told to stand back and let the adults handle it, but I am smart enough to know that some times it's the right thing."

(OCC: The big options I'm seeing here are: 1) he goes undercover, 2) he's held in reserve in case of a fight, or 3) he goes on with his construction plan to try to draw attention away from the Church. There may be others. Point is that he (and I) is open to doing what will help the master plan most.)
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

After a long uncomfortable pause, Spellbinder will speak up again. "Okay, another plan then. I have been invited to visit this church of his. Why don't I just walk in and talk to him about his church and city? I could ask him to show me around and point out some of what he considers to be the biggest issues. That will get him out of the church and away from that phone and shouldn't arouse suspicion. It'll even give me some insights into the city and help me learn my way around. I stand out in a crowd, so that makes tracking us pretty easy when we're on the move."

"I'm thinking that sounds like the best plan. So, unless anyone has an objection..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Quin will nod. "That sounds good. Much better then me being subtle." he shrugs. "Sounds like a plan, and you could talk to him for hours on that. Probably be more genuine then I would be. It's as good a way as any to find out if ultimately it is harmful to Amber. Open up some kind of dialogue, I guess."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune ponders for a moment. "Hmmm...yes, I think that might be best. It is our best chance to see if diplomacy is an option. And who knows what else you might be able to learn."

Harrune looks intently at Spellbinder. "And remember, you said that you could run if the need arises. We need information, not a heroic battle. Be safe and come back to us."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"Gosh! Thanks for the reminder...Mom! I am the one who said I'm not up for a real fight. I don't like running from a fight, but sometimes you have to. I get that. I'll learn what I can and then I'll be back."

"C'mon Chance. If I'm doing this thing then let's get to it." With that Spellbinder leaves to the room and heads out into the city.
Last edited by Spellbinder on Mon May 18, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune sighs deeply. "Why is it I cannot relate to that one? Every time I seem to put a foot wrong. I'm usually better than that with humans. Oh well, there will be time to work on that since he has decided to stay." Harrune cocks his head. "Hmm...I wonder if he knows that he's decided to stay?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Quin will shrug. "My guess it's one of the things you have in common..." he will shrug. "But that's just a wild guess. Anyhow, I'll see about finding the others." He will head off.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Hmmm...I wonder what Quin was thinking that the two of us have in common? Oh well, some times it's better not to know what someone else really thinks about you. Besides, as I said, I have time to sort it out. Speaking of time, I believe we have some on our hands. Is there anything useful I can do at the moment?"