07.09i: In Pursuit of Blood

The goings on of courts
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.09i: In Pursuit of Blood

Post by The Raven »

"A messenger, ideally. Though if that were your only job they wouldn't have sent someone as capable."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I suppose that's close enough." He says and rolls his eyes. "So, what are you doing here? What are your intentions?" he will ask warily.

About this time, Raven will probably notice the other 3 creatures* starting to surround him in the jungle.

Post by The Raven »

"For now, I'm only curious. Unless you'd prefer I was here to make a trade. I could always do that. Now, have I overstayed my welcome?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"With the skill to reach here... A trade, yes, that can be arranged." One of the creatures, a similar tree-dwelling octopus, will pick up the volleyball, and absorb its mass, blood and all. It is still smaller than you*.

It continues without a break. "What are you interested in? And what information do you think you can offer for it? Or is it a trade of favors?"

Post by The Raven »

The Tree-Squid smirks. "Well, I have one idea about that, a small trade of information, at least to start. You see, I'm looking for a second source of information about current events (in Chaos) and I suspect you are also looking for a second source of information about the goings on where that bird came from. (In Amber) That seems like it would be a fair trade."

Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

While said squid does have decent stats, the twitch as he consciously prevents himself from drawing a weapon is noticeable. It happens the moment you mention Amber.

"That information would be valuable. I can accept that bargain." he will say. "It is strange to see someone with such skills from there. I will start with the first minor bit..."

The other two critters will chant in time with the squid you can see. "I am only one creature."

"So, my first question, all I need is yes or no... but... Did you use shapeshifting to get here?"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"No power*." And with that, the Tree-Squid departs.

* - Considering there are mortal mages can follow things through shadow, clearly it isn't a power of any particular note.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The person you were talking to sits there stunned... Like you left in mid-conversation, leaving him with a question on his mouth.... He mumbles something after you... a follow-up question* before realizing you are actually leaving.

Post by The Raven »

The tree-squid was getting ahead of himself, and eventually realizes this and turns back around. "Oh, duh. Transit time." In response to the muttered question "At all. I've seen mortal mages do what I did to get here. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, I have to go for a little while to get some things for our exchange*. I will return in a half day-ish**."

Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Uh... okay..." He will say. "That is acceptable. Will you be able to find me again?"