07.09f: Too Many Explosions

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.09f: Too Many Explosions

Post by Joshua »

Cassandra will relate the parts she saw, but wasn't really close to the incident.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne nods and takes careful notes, committing both of the stories to memory. "Thank you, Rasanam, Cassandra. I'll probably go and speak to the patients as well, but this is starting to come together. I really appreciate it," the bear says, bowing slightly. "Please let me know if there's anything you need."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam winces at the sound of rhyming screams in the background.

"Actually," he replies to Aibne, "Since you're here, would you mind double-checking this? You too, if you're interested, Cassandra." He holds out his current sketchbook, the page covered in a scrawl of arcane symbols describing what appears to be - given sufficient magic theory to decipher the runes - a ring of regeneration. The margins of the page contain sketches of some of the vehicles in the non-living-mount joust (which may be of value to Aibne's notes), and one sketch in the bottom left depicts Lyra getting not-quite-pounced-on by Endros.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne peers over the symbols, his brow furrowing. "This... looks like... a Ring of Healing?" he asks, tapping the runes. "This would increase someone's regeneration properties. I... think." He rubs his head, handing the paper to Cassandra. "Honestly, that kinda stuff gives me a headache. I can sorta get how it works, but it's... not how I was taught." He pulls off his ring and offers it for Rasanam to inspect - a dozen gems, three of which are a dull and dismal gray, but there's two rubies, a sapphire, two topazes, one emerald, a diamond, and two onyxes adorn the otherwise plain metal band. "I'm not sure how they change color like that... they just do. They're tied to a different element, one way or another."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

((I'd originally intended to let Cassandra get a word in edgewise - and maybe point out that Aibne is being a bit naive in just handing over his spell storage item, since Rasanam won't even notice that - but given the information that the GM is currently sick, I figure the sphinx can comment on things later.))

Rasanam accepts the ring, looks over it, casts a quick spell ((arcane sight, one lynchpin for local magic)), and then looks over Aibne's ring again with a bit more care and attention to detail.

"Looks like the colors are a side-effect of some bleed-over in the spells' storage matrices. If I left something like that in, it'd bleed the power right out of the spell in a few days, but your ring's a bit more robust than what I use - it's designed to cap things off, so you shouldn't be seeing appreciable power loss. Still," Rasanam takes out another sketchbook, sets the ring in the middle of a blank page, and starts drawing diagrams around it, trying to illustrate what he's talking about, "It shouldn't be too hard to adjust; you'd need to tighten up some of the linkages and add an extra base layer..."

Rasanam trails off when he realizes that Aibne clearly isn't keeping up. "Hm. I'd show you directly, but I don't have a spell prepared for granting someone else arcane sight. Maybe later this evening?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Cassandra will nod. "Of course, that's one system of magic, but get to a place based on emotion and such a calculated hanging will fail." She will shrug. "Perhaps you could ask the one teaching him?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(Unfortunately, Aibne needs a break due to holidays... So... smalltalk ensues... new thread?)