07.09d: Pecking Order

The goings on of courts
NPC
Needs a Guide

Re: 07.09d: Pecking Order

Post by NPC »

The goblin shakes his head. "I need an open flame for this. And I don't actually like poisons much." He flashes a quick grin, chuckling a little. "I wouldn't turn down a flagon of stout orcish mead, though."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"Then let's deal with the fire first, and the nectar second.." He looks about, definitely hoping there are decorative torches or the like.

"Say, that stuff doesn't make fumes does it? We might need to use a cookfire and I'd rather not poison some vendor's food at random. I'm not a Borgia or anything.."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Zero stuff says: Decorative torch is lit.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

((I'd also point out that there's a burning dwarven moonshine engine, and a paintbrush flung by amber strength can probably get there from here...))
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

((Oy, no poisoning my flame sculpture! Though come to think of it, that might well elicit an entertaining reaction from it depending on how overly creative she was when she set that spell up somewhen ago...))
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

((I believe the Law of Creative Anomalous Chaos has spoken...))

Cameron looks about for a moment, then smiles, taking a piece of leather from out of his pack. "Here, hand me the brush..."

Assuming he gets handed it, he'll quickly wrap the tip (wouldnt' do to splash anyone en route) then hauls off and tosses the brush in a long arc... right towards the field where the moonshine engine is still aflame.

"Didn't you say the others didn't respect your work? They provided a convenient fire..."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Upon seeing the end result, Cameron chuckles and turns back to the goblin. "Y'know, I don't know why I thought I could do that. It just... made sense that I could. How weird is that?"

He runs his tongue over his lips. "Now, about that drink... I'm buying, and we can chat a little about things, since I seem to be building a subcourt of outcasts and madmen. Still deciding which one I am."
NPC
Needs a Guide

Post by NPC »

"That was certainly impressive," he says, eyeing the new explosion, before shaking his head and beaming up at the tall orc. "I'll have whatever you're having, Prince. And if I can't give ya a run for your money, well, I'm not trying," he challenges cheerily, half-running to keep with Cameron's much longer strides. It's almost comical, the way that he just barely gets up to his knee, but striding beside him like an equal.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

There are a LOT of alcohol related stalls at the festivities. Orcs have everything from swill to grog*, and the dwarves have a lot of various brews, plus the gnomes are having a bit of fae-wine**. There is a minor competition among them for the best spirit, but that's not nearly as intense as the other competitions. Except maybe for the orc selling grog.
***: This is a game. If you are sucked into a fantasy world, please drink responsibly. Or not at all. I mean, look at the trouble Persephone got into.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron will opt for a large (for him) goblet of mead. He's got a taste for it in general, and while tempted by the fae wine* he'll save that for later in the festivities.

"You know... I haven't seen an apiary around yet. That might be useful to have too... Are there even bees in Amber? I'd not noticed.."

He walks along, trying to find a place that's a little out of the way to settle and relax.

"So, I'm guessing there are others who might feel.. similarly to you. I'm not ready yet, but I suspect they'll find my little project eventually. Anyone I should specifically watch out for?"
---
* Since Cameron's got a reasonable psyche as well as endurance, well... he might drink those gnomes under the table too.