07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin, if anyone needs him, is in a private booth that overlooks the field. It is set into the cliff wall, and has a number of binocular looking devices to better observe the action. This is where the three thrones are placed as well. It is only a short trip (like 30 second to 5 minutes, depending on how fast you can handle stairs) to get up there. Said path is not marked.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by Wyvern »

At some point after the events here*, Alys makes her way up to speak to Dworkin.

"Pardon me for the intrusion, Dworkin, but we encountered something shadow today that it seemed wise to be sure you were aware of..." Alys will - assuming Dworkin makes some sort of appropriate 'go on' type response - give the story of the encounter with Hivers. Finishing up with, "I don't think it represents any sort of serious threat to Amber... but it could certainly take out an Amberite or two, if it were to attack before anyone other than you is able to use a Greater Power as a direct offense or defense."

_____
* Exact details of scene transition to be determined, since the referenced thread is still in progress.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will nod. "Interesting. I can't say I've ever encountered that before. Although, I have seen similar. It's a shame the clans killed anything nearby that could have been a threat. You never got to see how things could evolve in separate situations. Isn't that right?" The question, of course, is to his own shadow. It doesn't answer.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shrugs. "And speaking of things that could be threats, how did your talk with Odin go?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Odin is a good friend. It's nice to show him what I'm up to." Dworkin will smile and chuckle a little. "I don't think he will join us, but perhaps he will stay. I do not know what the Clans will do to us when they find us. Odin is likely to determine what that initial information will be like. I suppose he could simply disappear, but I don't think that's quite needed."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods, "I would not recommend disappearing him even if you did not consider him a friend; there is no long term benefit to it. And in the short term things like Hivers are likely to be far more dangerous - assuming, of course, that they aren't allied already; Hivers seemed to have some knowledge of what it means to oppose a Greater Power, but no actual understanding."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Perhaps they, it?, didn't know what an order of magnitude means. It can be difficult to comprehend. Enough of the Amberites don't understand truly what infinity is or means. It's... interesting to see them grasp for it." Dwrokin will nod. "Perhaps that's where Odin can do the most good. Or someone else who understands."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Perhaps. And I suppose it would be proper to warn him about Hivers as well - it didn't seem to care about me one way or the other, but it certainly had no qualms about trying to kill me simply because I might possibly have been in its way."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, make sure he knows before he leaves for shadow then. I doubt they can get to us here." Dworkin will state. "Was there anything more you needed? Odin is about to joust..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Certainly not at full power, but given its recognition of - and ability to find - Aibne, I would expect it at least has some active agents."

"And no, that was all," Alys looks out to where Odin is preparing, "Good timing, that; I can just talk to Krajk - I owe him an apology anyway." And (unless Dworkin has further comments), she'll depart.