07.09b Warnings and Portents

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

07.09b Warnings and Portents

Post by misfit »

The Cani will all accept Asai's offered treat. Alaror and Fillane will then politely withdraw to a distance where they will pretend not to listen. Harrune will listen attentively to Asai's story will eating his "turkey" (Terkey TM?).

"So, we don't know if these 'Hivers' were looking for Aibne in particular or simply anyone from Amber?" (At this point, Alaror's ears perk up and he starts to turn his head...until Fillane elbows him in the ribs. He then goes back to pretending not to listen...but with one ear cocked.) "The fact that they know Aibne is of Amber is disturbing enough in it's own right. Until we know more, it might be best if he didn't go back out into the Shadows alone. Of course we can't force him to take a bodyguard but it would be wisest." (Head starts to turn...elbow to ribs.) "The fact that it...they...whatever called Aibne out by name but no Alys makes it sound a bit more personal, so I think the rest of us are probably safe." (Head starts to turn...elbow starts to move...arm is caught by a hand...glaring contest ensues.)

Harrune's head cocks to the side in thought, a thoughtful look on his face. "The rest of us...rest of...rasof...Rasanam! He and Lyra were out in the Shadows the last that I knew. Has anyone seen them yet today? Do we know if they are alright?" Harrune, clearly concerned, will pull out his Trump deck and find Rasanam's card. "If you'll excuse me for a moment, I'll check on him." Without waiting for a responses, Harrune begins to concentrate on the card...

(OCC: If Rasanam wants this can just be a one line post responding to, "We have a problem, here's the details, are you okay?" If it looks to Asai like this is going to be a long conversation, she could a) contact Lyra, b) use her own Trump to try to join in, c) touch Harrune and use Psyche to mindlink enough to join the conversation, d) wait patiently, e) wander off, or f) do something not on the list.)
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.09b Warnings and Portents

Post by Rasanam »

The connection opens without any particular difficulty, and Rasanam listens to the now-third-hand story.

No, no, we're fine - just had a few things to deal with back home.

There's a pause, and Harrune will get the impression that Rasanam is looking past him. Oh dear - the festivities have started already, haven't they? I thought we'd have a bit longer out here. Shouldn't be a problem, just annoying that I miscalculated; if you could hold the connection for a moment while I let Lyra know what's going on? Or I can call you back - shouldn't be more than a few minutes either way...
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Yes, things have started, but I don't think there's a huge rush. I am talking to Asai, so I'm going to break the connection for a moment. Let me know when you're ready and will bring you here.

"Rasanam and Lyra are just fine. Apparently nothing unexpected happened to them. That adds more credence to the idea that it was targeting Aibne specifically I think, but hardly conclusive. Was there more festival cheer you needed to share?" Harrune asks with a grin.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

After a few moments, the trump contact is renewed from the other side, and ((I figure this is a safe assumption)) Harrune pulls Rasanam and Lyra through in a shower of rainbow sparks.

Rasanam looks around, noting Asai thoroughly occupied with munching on a turkey leg, and turns to Harrune. "Thank you for the warning - we didn't run into anything like this 'Hivers', but it certainly sounds like something we should track down and at least teach it some manners."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"I'm glad that you are both safe. Forgive me for being a bit abrupt about it, but I was concerned. If something had happened, the sooner we knew the sooner we could help. At the very least I want you to be more on your guard."

"It would definitely be prudent to find out what it is and what it wants. Meeting it on our terms would be best. We'll just need to work out the details of who, when and how."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"We both appreciate your concern. Thankfully our trip went mostly all according to plan. We'll certainly be cautious and will help in getting to the bottom of who or what it was. So Aibne couldn't think of any reason it would target him specifically? If it was after him maybe we can set a trap so to speak to get more information in a safe environment."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"We will have to talk to Aibne about that. I am not about to volunteer him as bait for a trap. He deserves more respect than that." Harrune smiles.

Harrune looks around. "If there's nothing else pressing, we should probably get to the festivities."

(OCC: For those with good psyches, which should be all the PCs in the area, Harrune is putting a good face on it but deep down he does not seem enthusiastic at all about "the festivities".)
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods. "The joust with non-living mounts should be interesting."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"Hmm, true. Hey! I could be someone's mount. They don't have any sort of Aerial combat do they? I just need to be careful about showing favorites."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"No - it would take a fair amount of magic, of a sort that's more difficult here, to prevent deaths from falling. Yes, I know, it'd be almost trivial back home, but suitable protections would take me some time to prepare here. Maybe next year?"