07.08g Gated Landscapes

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.08g Gated Landscapes

Post by Joshua »

The hellhound finds you all shortly. The family in tow. Both kids look terrible but alive. Priscilla carries the smaller one while Lleufer carries the larger.

They are not talking, but it's clear that while they both are not happy with each other, they do both love the kids*.

Post by Draylen »

Aibne swoops over and plucks the children out of the arms of the tired adults, sitting down. "Hello again, Gwen and Leanne! You two look like you've had a terrible fright. Would you like to hear a story? Ooh, two smart and brave girls like you, I bet your favorite story are the ones about Merida the Brave of Dunbroch clan. Maybe you'd like to hear of the time she met a powerful druid?" he asks them kindly, gently cradling them.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Tinder is overjoyed to meet up with Alys again, trotting over, tail wagging... but he also stays silent, seeming to intuitively realize that this is not the time or place for joyous barking that might make the group more noticeable.

Alys blinks twice at Aibne, and then turns to Asai. "So, what's the most expeditious way to get all of us back to Amber?"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"Not that way, that's for sure" pipes a large raven flying overhead. After taking a second to process who actually asked that, the Raven's wings miss a beat. He grumbles "Again?" under his breath as he lands in front of the party. Noting Alys' stab wound (in her clothes) he mentions "It seems like there's been quite the adventure here. My errands are complete for now, so I guess I will stick around for a bit."

Looking at the frightened children, he adds "Don't worry about me; I'm just an average Raven."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Coincidence? Contrivance? Perhaps*.

There are many unanswered questions in the universe. However, some of them seek to be answered. Like, why is there a giant walled city to the South that gleams white in the setting sun?

Also, who are the scavengers that are just starting to emerge? And, is there a motorcycle patrol headed this way?

Post by Veyska »

Upon the Raven's arrival and comment, Asai will reply, "For certain definitions of average, I suppose you would be correct." Upon noticing that the distant city and other local inhabitants appear to have begun taking notice of them, Asai will say, "Tch. Well if you insist on poking your beak into things we might as well make use of it." She will wave everyone present together in a circle and pull out her trump card for the docks of Amber. "Scenic routes can wait for better scenery; with Aibne and the Raven to help 'power things', so to speak, we should be able to just go directly there."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne shakes his head, setting the two girls down with a soft sigh. "Sorry, young ones, story time will have to wait until we're all safe." He glances at Asai and looks at the card. "...That... Would make rather more sense, yes. I thought you were going to ask for Raven and I to walk to along to Amber. Hard to do without an appropriate trail, and even the ones beaten out are still difficult crossings. Um." He fishes out his card as well, holding it up. "Using this, right? Can't Alys help too? She has one too, doesn't she?" He tilts his head at the sound of the motorbike, frowning. "That sounds... Odd. Should we leave twenty seconds ago?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys looks suspiciously at the Raven, but her only comment is, "If you want the story, you'd best come back to Amber with us; it's not safe here."

To Aibne, she simply says, "Exactly," and then focuses on doing what she can to assist with the mass trump travel Asai is setting up.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Looks like there should be a new arrival thread. This is not at the same time as Cameron's arrival. The vampires and hunter-priests can't get to you before you Trump out.)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »