07.08g Gated Landscapes

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.08g Gated Landscapes

Post by Wyvern »

Alys steps up, walking at Aibne's side, and (unless the bear objects), holding his hand. Not that he needs guidance - even with his eyes closed, the use of Pattern means the path in front of him is right where he expects it to be.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

So, bear walking through a village. EVERYONE notices, but the basic reaction is that none make any sudden moves. Shops don't even close windows or doors for fear of setting off the berserker striding through town. Most people just freeze, timidly and nervously letting the terrifying specter pass.

Priscilla will only offer one or two minor changes to the story. For the most part Aibne is getting it correct. She will look around, spotting her house, or at least a shadow of her house as you pass through the village.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne stomps up to the door and hits it. Hard. Not hard enough to knock the door down, but hard enough to shake the house. "Lleufer de Gittins! Open your door! Aibne, son of Matunus, demands recompense on behalf of the Selkie maid Priscilla Gittins!! Justice is demanded, and Justice be served!"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys follows along, looking around warily, with Tinder hanging back a bit further and walking next to Priscilla. For the moment, though, Alys is content to observe - she's not here for justice, but sees no reason not to let the bear do his thing.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The door is thrown open by an large and angry man who immediately changes his facial expression to one of concern and fear when he sees the larger and slightly angrier bear at his door. "Aibne? Son... of ..." He blinks, as the reality of his situation sinks in. "Wh- what do you want?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I come to bring Choice and Justice to the children of Priscilla Gittin," he says, pitching his voice to be heard even across the town. "You who forced a Selkie to your bed shall not force children from their mother, regardless of their parentage! Bring out the children! They will be given a Choice, to travel with their mother or remain here with you, and given all of the information they require!"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Perhaps another five years? A two-year-old, who she abandoned, doesn't have the ability to choose. in a case like this." He grumbles. "Still, come in, sit. Make your demands. I do not wish to anger the gods, but if you are here to take the children, then do not make a show of a trial."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne blinks, pausing slightly. He glances at Priscilla, and thinks about that, frowning. "I thought... Hmm. Thank you," he says, stepping into the house. He is vastly calmer now, as if the Vengeful God thing was just a role he was playing, and he pulls out a small harp. "Thank you for inviting us into your home."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Nonsense," says Alys, as she follows Aibne in. "A two year old child is absolutely capable of choice. What you cannot expect is a full understanding of the consequences - but then, that's not unique to children of two."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Lleufer almost... almost demands to see Alys' child-rearing credentials. Still, angry as he is, he knows he's screwed. "Let me get them." He will grumble... and come in with a four-year old and a two-year old, leading both gently by the hands. "Gwen, Leanne, this is Aibne. And, do you remember mommy?"

The four year old will walk slowly over to Priscilla and ask, "Mommy? Mommy left."

Priscilla will lean down, almost crying. "Yes, mommy had to go. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you without knowing." She will look over to Lleufer... "Where is Lewell?"

Lleufer's eyes get hard. "Cholera."

This touching emotional scene (which I'm going to partially montage, cause... ow the drama...) will be punctuated by a small rather-civil argument between Priscilla and Lleufer... It involves all the awkwardness of attempting to explain to a frat-boy that "She attended the party and got raging drunk" is not the same as consent.