07.08a: Green Ham and Eggs

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.08a: Green Ham and Eggs

Post by Joshua »

Osmund's eyes light up. He nods. "I set up something similar on the lunar base I ruled over." He will take a bit to compare notes and what might be needed before realizing what he was going to ask initially.

"But, what I was going to say... is that you have the ability to find things. Anything. You've likely used this before. But, perhaps you haven't understood the implications." he will offer. "We're going to find you... oh, how about a workbench?" He murrs. "The tub would also work, but might be difficult to transport here."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron thinks a bit and hmmms. "I could use a good workbench, but... there's a problem" He looks over to where the Star is hangign on a peg right near the bed - apparently he's a bit paranoid as well.

"The Star... does some strange things to material I hit. I wonder if there's anything that wouldn't have that effect..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, perhaps a special metal, or something real, or ..." he thinks. "Well, worth a search. So, to start, you should give some orders to the group... Although, that might have to wait until tomorrow. They're setting up for the tournament later today."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"Tournament? I really need to get a schedule... or something. An I'm still not entirely comfortable with giving orders..." He shrugs. "But it'll have to happen sooner or late. If nothing else, I get the imrpession I won't be -allowed- to go without giving orders."

He considers having finished breakfast while we spoke. "Also.. thank you again, for looking after me last night and this morning. It just hit me how far out of my experience I really am."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund will produce a paper and read from it. "Well, the beginning was the new year's feast. Yesterday was the Ball of Rebma. Today is the Tournament of Ht'Gon, they have jousting and a- uh a mob football game.. Tomorrow is a Soirée at Tir-Na Nog'th, I think there's a Chess tournament and bridge. Then three days of various plays and food and minor shows. Finally, Amber has a formal party." He offers what he has.

"Well, maybe we could instead find a training party. Something formal we can crash to get you experience."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron looks stricken as the list of torments continues. "Oh dear gods... This will be the death of me for certain. PLEASE tell me I don't have to appear at every last one... And what, pray tell, is so special about a chess party that will require its own bridge?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund blinks. "Bridge, the card game?" he offers. "And no. It's a Festival. The only one you'd be even remotely expected at is the Ht'Gon one. And even then, just the 'thank you all for attending' stuff Uh, that's at dinner. And I think it's traditional to attend the Tir'Na party and the final party at Amber. The rest are if they interest you. I mean, I'm not a big Shakespeare fan, but if you like that, or ... Uh... Russian Opera? then maybe you can watch that."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron thinks. "So... dinner at Ht'gon tonight, a ball at Tir'Na tomorrow, and then... Amber three days after that. And in between I can appear otherwise as I wish? I suspect that mot of the orcs will be at the tournament so I may need to put in an appearance there... though perhaps I cold swing by the encampment and look for a suitable site before then. I shouldn't have to dress up to watch a tournament, should I?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It's here. Wear whatever formal dress is traditional. I think half the orcs are doing war-paint." he thinks. "You said you wandered a lot. Have you ever tried finding specific items? Like an outfit?"
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron considers, then shakes his head. "Not specifically, though I know I've wandered to what I generally felt I needed - an abandoned cabin or forge, an overgrown grove of fruit trees, a place for good hunting... and I always found them. I never thought to chase something specific... Though I guess if Shadows are as vast as people have said, it makes sense that the -exact- thing I was looking for might be available... somewhere."