07.07c: Audience with a Ruler

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.07c: Audience with a Ruler

Post by misfit »

Harrune will try to keep a casual outward appearance, but anyone with at least Amber warfare will notice that he is being extra alert for reactions from the crowd and that is hand is never far from the hilt of his sword.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ashara will stand and walk to the front of the balcony. "My people, it is okay. As Regent, I would like to welcome the three new members of Rebma. My goal, as we always do, it to provide a more formal orientation for them. To go from no Pattern-walkers to this in so short a time must not upset the order or solidarity we have come to rely on. As such, I will personally meet with them and call in appropriate head-of-guilds as needed. This is our city, and it will remain as such."

Between all the announcements, there is much talking and rumors, but no actual panic. Yet...
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys waits a moment, to be sure Ashara is done speaking, before quietly telling her, "You may wish to speak to Harrune and clarify his claim of noble title sooner, rather than later. It seemed to me a fairly clear renunciation of local power, but Kizak pointed out that is not the only possible interpretation..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: So, giant tangle of PCs, slow untangle.)

Kokytos (the siren) is unconscious and being carried off to a medical facility on some variation of Tenser's Floating Disk by a few attendants, with a number of guards, likely where Ossian is going for the moment.

Oberon and Darnell are returning to the tail end of the ball, unless someone needs them. It's near the end of the night. Also, if you do want to talk to them, they'll be moving away enough to chat in a little more privacy.

On a similar note, Morgana is going to spend the rest of the ball with Grind.

Osmund will be making excuses for Cameron and attempting to lead the orc somewhere a little less public to shake off his shock. The hooded figure (Osmund) does have quite a bit of experience bowing out of formal occasions and to those with a trained eye, this definitely means he's been trained as a noble / socialite.

Ashara will make arrangements with Harrune to talk to him later that night or tomorrow, but the specifics can wait until that happens.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune will make arrangements to speak to Ashara tomorrow. He will also remind her that she, and Kokytos, and welcome at tomorrow's festivities and of course the following day's at Tir-na.

He will walk off to the side a discrete distance with Cheknou whispering quietly. (OOC: Quietly by Cani standards with their superior hearing...it is very unlikely anyone will overhear. Then using his skill at Warfare to disguise what he is doing he will plant his own Trump card on Cheknou.)

Cheknou is looking annoyed but not outright angry with Harrune as Harrune pulls a card from his own deck, stares at it and then vanishes...

Unless someone tries to stop him Cheknou will withdraw.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys heads down from the balcony, collects Kizak, and then departs the ball, heading back towards Ht'gon.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron is indeed pretty much in a daze as to what's going on, too many people, too many portents, too many surprises. Osmund will find it fairly easy to quietly get him away from the crush of events towards a place to maybe clear his head.

(OOC: Forgot I handed off the gift at entry.)