07.06l: Mixed Messages

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

07.06l: Mixed Messages

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra, with Rasanam by her side, approaches the table that Dworkin and Odin have appropriated for themselves for the evening. The couple curtsy and bow respectively as they arrive. Lyra smiles as she addresses them. "Good Evening, sirs! I hope we're not interrupting." (Assuming neither growls at her to leave, she continues) "Good to see you again Dworkin." Then, addressing Odin, "I'm Lydre-Altherin Lyra and this is my husband, Rasanam. Though neither of us are from Rebma, our welcome none the less."

Lyra watches him closely without making her scrutiny obvious. Lacking in Alys' extrasensory perception, she simply uses her trained rogue senses to gauge his reaction to her presence and his general demeanor after having such a long discussion with Dworkin.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.06l: Mixed Messages

Post by Joshua »

Odin will bow lightly. He is wearing a single eye-patch over one of his eyes. "Odin of Clan Equinom; and, I suppose, Unofficial Ambassador from the Clans of Chaos."

Dworkin shrugs. "I was going to make an official announcement once the last of our guests arrive. I don't feel like doing it twice tonight. Odin is an old associate of mine."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell will take a moment to interrupt. "Uh... It seems something is happening on the Rebma pattern..." He will let Dworkin know.

Dworkin will roll his eyes. "Yes, yes. If it was worth panicking over, I'd have done so already." He will take on a more serious face* and turn to Odin. "I'm sorry, but your bodyguard is no longer employable by the Clans. Hopefully not because he is deceased, but I suppose that's still possible."

Odin will blink and some subtle alterations will flow over his features**.
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks between Dworkin and Odin, and then comments, "That's interesting... that's not magic, is it?" It's not clear which of them he's addressing, though. Perhaps both.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Pattern," says Dworkin. "Odin, is likely using shape shifting. Magic could not see the pattern itself." He shugs and looks distant for a moment. "It seems if you wish to bid support for Ashara, you should do so quickly."

(Ashara should be here by now, I'll post that.)
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Somehow, I do not think the timing of this is entirely coincidental. As such, it seems wiser for me to avoid unnecessary meddling in Rebma internal politics - unless there is some reason to think it would not be unnecessary?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra notes with some interest what Odin is doing, resolving to practice such things later in private. Knowing Dworkin's tendency to speak plainly only when he feels like it, Lyra mainly addresses her question to Darnell. "What's happened to Krajk?", she asks with some concern.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell sighs, "My guess? He's walking Rebma's pattern."

Dworkin will chortle. "And he's just about done."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam sighs. "I do hope this isn't going to be a repeat of Cameron or Aibne."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Why, what happened with Aibne?" Dworkin will ask.