07.06h: Underwater Ball (Animal Companions)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.06h: Underwater Ball (Animal Companions)

Post by Joshua »

"Just the pattern..." Osmund says... "And avoiding Dworkin..."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron chuckles a little. "Yeah, that proves you have sense. Anyone who seeks -out- Dworkin I would worry about. I'm still tempted to introduce him to the Star when I see him next. Just a dimple, but a flat nose might become him."

"And this is the sort of interesting I think I prefer. I understand the need to be.. unfettered. Just remember, you're under my aegis for now, okay? And if problems start up, tell them that. I'm sure by now word has gotten around about the brawl this morning..." and at this, Cameron looks a little bashful.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune looks a bit chagrined. "Well then, I guess my own sensibility is in question. I sought him out last night...and got answers that actually seemed to make sense. I intend to have a chat with him tonight as well. Ah well, perhaps that will help serve as a diversion for our friend to escape his notice."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"I didn't mean to offer insult. Given how I still suspect he was trying to kill be back at Sebastopol, and all the way here, then made me walk the Pattern under duress, I am... understandably suspicious of him. I have no doubt there is useful knowledge to be had from him..."

He pauses, then shakes his head with a rueful grin. "Every time I open my mouth I seem to cause trouble. Perhaps a vow of silence would be adviseable until I'm not inadvertantly insulting allies or accidentally taking leadership of and inciting a rebellion."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Is... this going to be a problem?" Osmund asks...
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune laughs. "Not to worry my friend. No offense is taken at all. I understood what you meant. I wasn't aware that your relationship with Dworkin was so...adversarial. I wouldn't call my relationship with him 'normal', I don't that anyone's is, but we have gotten along reasonably well. I suspect that's probably because the paths I've chosen for myself run in generally the direction he would seem to wish me to go. If he had really wished you dead, I don't believe that you would be here now. He brought you here and gave you power. He had to have a reason for that. Understanding his reasons can be a challenge though."

"And I don't believe there will be any problems friend Osmund. Giving Dworkin a wide berth might not be a bad idea...but many people do that."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron chuckles. "Trust me, if you stick around me I'll do what I can to keep you away from him, since I want as little as possible to do with him."

He nods to Harrune, a little more seriously. "As for things being adversarial, I understand it in a twisted sort of way, but that doesn't mean I like it any more for that. I'm not sure how many have actually walked the Pattern under duress besides me, but there's a reason I walked to deep Shadow when I was done. It gave me time to clear my head, at least, and get somewhat accustomed to how much things had changed for me as a result."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund will ... well, the hood concealing his head will flatten to his scalp, there must be something moving underneath it. "Cameron, how could you not want to be real? To be strong enough to mold the world." His voice shakes a little... "I'd have given almost anything for that."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Perhaps because there is a difference between a prize to be won and collar placed around you neck? Very few people like to be badgered and manipulated. I would say none, but out in the Shadows you can find anything. My choice was freely made, Cameron's was not. And with that power can come terrible responsibility as well. "
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra, in her aquatic dragon form, makes her way from the Dance Floor over to where Harrune is speaking with Cameron and guest. "Good evening all", Lyra begins in greeting. "I hope you're all enjoying yourselves. Perhaps someone can introduce our newest guest before I drag Harrune away for a whirl." She gives Harrune a wink, with nothing but innocent playfulness in the gesture.