07.06h: Underwater Ball (Animal Companions)

The goings on of courts
khadjair
Lunatic

07.06h: Underwater Ball (Animal Companions)

Post by khadjair »

(continued from http://www.silverinsanity.com/forum/vie ... t=20#p7947 )

"A pleasure to meet you. I believe.. I recall your likeness from Dworkin's gift." He bows his head, then offers a hand.

"As for introductions, my companion is... a private sort. Not taken to many words. I would leave it to him to handle his own introductions, though I do vouchsafe for him."
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.06h: Underwater Ball (Animal Companions)

Post by Joshua »

The hooded figure offers a gloved hand... "Os- Osmund. I hope it's okay."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune takes Cameron's hand and shakes it warmly. (Note: Harrune's grasp is firm in a friendly sort of way, not a "I'm demonstrating my strength" sort of way.) "Yes, that would indeed be me. And I seem to recall your likeness as well."

He turns to Osmund and shakes his hand as well. "A pleasure to meet you." He looks a bit quizical. "Why would it not be okay for you to be Osmund?"

(Other note: During this exchange Harrune is discretely sniffing to catch both of their scents. It's just a Cani sort of thing to do. He tries to keep it low key because some other races find it odd.)
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

If Cameron notices the sniffing, he doesn't let on, or at least doesn't show any discomfort. "I apologize if I missed meeting last night, I arrived late and somewhat unexpected, most of all to myself."

He chuckles a bit at the joke with Osmund, shaking his head ruefully. "He has a good point."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund finches at the joke. "I wasn't sure. This place is a lot more ..." he pauses and realizes that's a complete thought. "more, than I am used to. And there's been a few altercations with the city guards when I tried to get in here before."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"There's no need to apologize friend. There are many people I didn't meet last night either. That's one reason it's a four day festival. Although now that I think about it, we didn't meet the last time you were here either. " Harrune scratches an ear. "Was I even here then? I come and go so often it's hard to be sure. We'll call that one a draw...as was last night for that matter. At least we are meeting now."

"Well friend Osmund, you would seem to have found the secret to getting in. It's merely a matter of the right connections. If I may ask, what were you looking for here that required 'a few altercations with the city guards'? Depending on what it might be, we might be able to help you."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund tenses and looks at Cameron. "I- I don't want to..." he is clearly terrified of admitting it... but finally says. "The pattern*."
*: While there are 4 patterns that are known, it is not entirely uncommon for people to refer to them as 'pattern' collectively. That being said, when someone refers to "the pattern" they usually mean "their pattern" or the pattern of their court. Or they're Dworkin, but can you really trust anything out of that gnome's mouth?
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron chuckles ruefully. "Even if you had been around when I was here last, I was only here for a couple day. And the manner of my departure was abrupt and, I'm guessing, somewhat unexpected. Is it bad of me to hope that I vexed Dworkin even the slightest bit? it's taken me five years... or one, depending on your perspective.. to find my way back here."

He rests a hand on Osmund's shoulder. "It's okay, you're here under my aegis, so speak your mind."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"If it is bad of you to hope that you have vexed Dworkin, then pretty much all of the Amberites have been bad at one time or another. Some times I think trying to get the better of him is an unspoken game among us. I had a chat with him that seemed downright insightful...which worries. Am I getting wiser, or going mad?" Harrune laughs.

"And friend Osmund, you are welcome to speak your mind. I am rather curious though about you interest in the Pattern. Were you planning to try walking, or just observing?"
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"It's a common proverb that there is a fine line between wisdom or genius and madness. That line is so thin here as to be imperceptible, or perhaps so broad that it is easier to be both, than either one." He shakes his head a little and looks about.

"Besides, when wonders such as this are commonplace, it is easy to lose one's moorings. That these might be part of Dworkin's machinations shouldn't surprise me in the least. Though if anyone figures out what he's truly up to, will they have won the game or lost, I wonder."