07.06f: Underwater Ball (Musician's Lounge)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.06f: Underwater Ball (Musician's Lounge)

Post by Joshua »

From where Grind left Aibne...

A young attractive looking woman with tanned skin, long black hair and eyes of such a dark brown you'd almost swear they were black speaks up from behind Aibne. She's wearing a lovely dress, with a small ornate decorative shawl held together by a clasp in the shape of a seals face. "Why is Grind wearing your suit?" She asks the large half-bear.
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.06f: Underwater Ball (Musician's Lounge)

Post by Draylen »

The bear wheels, having been lost in the music, frowning a little. "Uh... well, to start with, he looks better in it?" he says, offering a fairly weak explanation. "Plus, all that wealth makes my fur itch. and it's heavy!" He pauses a moment and blinks, staring at the small woman. "How did you know that was mine, anyway? I literally got it not twelve hours ago."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys strides up, nodding first to the selkie, "Pardon me, but I would like to borrow Aibne for a few minutes... Don't worry, I'll bring him back when I'm done."

Then she holds out a hand to Aibne, adding, "Care to dance?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Priscilla will blink, and nod. "I-I'm sorry. I knew because the suit is obviously tailored for your frame and someone with fur. If you look you can see the alterations."

When Alys arrives she will exhale slowly and bow. "If Aibne wishes... Perhaps, we could talk later?" She will say fiddling with the seal-head clasp on her shawl.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I um." He blinks, incredibly confused, but nods, bowing to each of the ladies. "Of course. Begging your pardon, milady," he says, moving smoothly up to Alys. "I-I don't, normally," he murmurs to her, ducking his head. "but it shouldn't be too hard to pick up." He takes her hand and follows her out to the dance floor, as the band starts to play a tango.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Of course," Alys replies to Priscilla.

Alys takes the lead out towards the dance floor - and Aibne will quickly pick up that the "dance steps" she's using match an imaginary knife (claw?) fight. Which should make it easier for him to follow along, since he has rather more experience at combat than at dancing.

And - to those with high psyche - it's probably also clear that Alys is using this as something of a mental exercise to help keep her own composure.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Priscilla will eye Rogbar as he leaves, and slip out silently.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Returning from the dance floor, after having conspicuously not gone to the rescue of Grind and Morgana, Alys looks around for Priscilla.

"Hm... I hope I didn't scare her off; it just seemed a necessary point to set an example..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Priscilla is sort of hiding behind a nearby curtain. As Alys and Aibne return, she will step out... "Sorry, just, a lot of people here." She will speak up, "I hope it would be okay to talk to Aibne."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Y-yes, of course. Why wouldn't it be?" the bear will ask, tilting his head. He does turn and smile at Alys. "That was fun, milady, I'd love to do it again sometime. Maybe next time you won't go so easy on me," he says, smiling a little, giving a low bow.