07.06c: Underwater Ball (Refreshments Table)

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.06c: Underwater Ball (Refreshments Table)

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Jiga still looks a bit uncertain of herself. She puts her empty plate down and considers the rose and the feline that gave it to her. "I don't...I mean I'm not in need really. But that does sound quite wonderful so my thanks for your offer. I'd be interested in seeing these places you speak of." She smiles, smelling the rose and finally looking less self conscious.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai flicks one ear thoughtfully and comments, "I'd suggest it might help to think of Rogbar as a big, well-meaning, clumsy puppy, except that doesn't seem quite right for more reasons than the obvious." She wrinkles her nose in amusement. "Regardless, though I can't speak to any hidden reasons or concerns*, you could do worse for a guide. At the very least you'll be amused if you escape the aftermath with your dignity intact. Or possibly even if you don't, depending on taste and circumstances." **

(*Asai could probably make a few educated guesses, but I don't think that's relevant to what she's trying to do, and I'm too lazy to be lazy and poke relevant folk for relevant answers.)
(**Asai doesn't think Jiga really needs calming/reassuring, but she is leaning a bit of Psyche into things here, mostly just to soothe any remaining ruffled feathers and lighten the mood.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar gives Asai a defiant* look. Before turning his attention back to the tengu. "Perhaps it is just envy. The desire to have someone when you see others with that certain special one. I have pursued many to that end, but I have not found my one true love yet. Today, let us not look for that**, but instead, I will show you where you can bring one, when you have found them. And perhaps, I still know one or two here who would be better at lending an ear than myself."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga smiles thankfully to Asai and remarks light-heartedly, "I appreciate the concern but I think I'll be fine. Besides, I still have Fjolnir to help deal with any problems." Having noticed Lyra and Rasanam's departure, Jiga is strangely reassured that her talent for situational awareness hasn't completely left her. To Rogbar, she continues, "Your offer does sound quite nice, and seeing as the only other people I know here have departed, I'd be happy to have the pleasure of your company."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Fjolnir bobs his head in response to Jiga's mention of him - and then goes back to nibbling on fish.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar goes to offer his arm, but stops himself. He look up at the entryway, "Ooh, looks like Priscilla is here." Before he notices Grind take a flailing fall on the dance floor. "I hope that's not what I look like... Well, shall we mi'lady?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"You certainly don't look like an ogre." Jiga replies with a smile in her voice. "Lead the way."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will bow to Asai, "Apologies, perhaps we can catch up later." Then pass through the dance floor with a few quick words of encouragement to Grind, then up the stairs making a short bow to Aibne, and finally, lead Jiga through a series of corridors to restore the spirit.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

((Apologies for gap in posting, was busy cleaning apartment and getting ready for Mom to visit, then we were visiting relatives over the weekend, and then I was just being forgetful and nothing needed urgent attention anyhow. Clearly Asai had just worked up one heck of an appetite with all the spellcasting or something.))

Asai will finish demolishing the pile of food she'd selected, watching the various goings-on at the ball as she does so. This done, she properly disposes of her plate and wanders out onto the ballroom floor, whereupon she begins dancing with one of the illusory fish.

(Continued in Dance Floor 1)