07.06a: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 1)

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.06a: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 1)

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra nods. "Always work to be done. I'll see if I can find someone to speak to about how the Courts deal with newcomers; or how Rebma deals with them at least. We'll want a acclimation person in each court whom is familiar with all of them eventually." As the song continues, their turn brings Nemo into view. "Hmm, I think I might have an idea of who can help if I can keep him on track. Shall we switch partners for a while?"

As swapping dance partners was their plan, when the song ends, Lyra will give Rasanam a peck on the cheek before heading over to where Nemo is standing. "Mind if I have this dance, sir?" she asks the fish like man. "I was hoping it'd give us the chance to speak further."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Nemo, still the large fishman wearing the awkward breathing apparatus is dancing with a very shapely blue-skinned lady with pointed elven ears wearing a rather transparent and simple dress. He will look to Lyra and nod, bowing to the lady he was dancing with (but not too far, so as to keep the balance of his breather), "Thank you for this dance. Would you object to me continuing with my married friend here? If I recall, you wanted to introduce yourself to Ossian... or was that Rasanam... I'm sorry, I don't rightly remember. But I am glad for this time in your company, child."

The lady will return the bow, and silently switch partners allowing Lyra to waltz with Nemo.

Nemo, for what it's worth, is a surprisingly good dancer. Dance just being a mathematical progression which he solved years ago. He has notes and was thinking of publishing a book on the use of astrophysics in ballroom dance. No one seemed interested in printing it though.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam recognizes right answer when told, and bows to the woman Nemo was dancing with. "I am Rasanam; would you care to join me for the next dance?"

((Continued in Dance Floor 2.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Nemo continues a basic dance with Lyra. "What did the lady wish to talk about?" he will ask. While such a direct question might seem rude in some circles, he asks it with the detached interest of a scientist (or thaumaturge).
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra seems pleased actually with his direct manner. "I just came from a brief meeting with my husband, Kizak, and Ashara. It seemed that my presence here was greatly upsetting the dragon because of my nature and the society he came from. It was all just cultural and Shadow differences causing a misunderstanding, but it made me think that perhaps all of the Courts could benefit from a centralized Information service. Sort of a Welcoming Committee that would actively seek new arrivals to make their introduction to this land easier. Give directions, answer questions, recite some of the basic rules. Also have a permanent location in each court that would be staffed. If newcomers have questions they don't bring up right away or the welcome group misses someone, a visitor can go to the Information center for help. I'd want people that are unbiased and knowledgeable of all the courts for the task...excuse me, I'm rambling a bit. My initial question really is how does Rebma greet newcomers?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Nemo gives a basic explanation:

Rebma has an amazingly complex method for greeting new ships and new aquatics. It involves greetings, orientations, guides for mandatory tours, and language lessons, with pamphlets, greeters, and meetings with dignitaries. Rebma has a STRONG cultural identity, and they do their best to incorporate newcomers into it. (There is also a complex level of what part of their old identities and culture they are allowed to keep, which is extensive... things like religeons that don't directly involve killing, and more.)
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra looks impressed and quite pleased. "That sounds wonderful! I don't believe the other courts have anything like that in place. If so, it's certainly not so well thought out. I'm not sure what avenue Kizak took to arrive here but it's fairly obvious that he didn't receive such a robust welcome. If you can find the time, I'd really love your assistance in establishing similar welcoming strategies for the other courts. I'm pretty sure Morgana and Harrune would go for it. You've really thought of everything here."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Nemo will nod lightly. "We've had to. Without Amberites, we needed to be twice as strong. As for Kizak, he's only been here four hours." Nemo will pause, "Maybe six. So, give him time. We don't hit people with it all at once either."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra nods in understanding. "I'd love to work with you in recreating what you've done for the other courts. We'll make sure Rebma gets the proper recognition for it of course." Seeing Rasanam switch to a new partner, she quickly locates other potential dance/conversation partners.

During the dance she's been paying attention to other events in the room out of force of habit and noticed the guard movement and some individuals leaving in a hurry. She's careful not to draw additional attention to whatever is unfolding but will locate Rasanam on the dance floor as he switches partners.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam is dancing relatively nearby, now with a pale-skinned elven lady with webbed fingers who had, moments before, been dancing with Ossian.

It will be obvious to Lyra that the lady is doing her best to be seductive... and that Rasanam is unlikely to even notice the attempt unless someone points it out to him.