07.06a: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 1)

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.06a: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 1)

Post by misfit »

"Well, perhaps I'm fooling myself, but I like to believe that I haven't avoided responsibility. I like to think that I've done a lot to help out. Granted, my choices of how may not have been about 'the greatest good for the greatest number' all of the time. I've often been told that we have the power of gods and can go into the shadows and live any type of life we chose. That may be true, but in the end we end up back here, don't we my friend? We are a part of this place, and it is a part of us.'

"Does Tir'Na cause that sort of thinking, or are those drawn to Tir-Na already inclined to it? The sprites and pixies for instance care much more about mischief and play. Responsibility isn't in their nature. Some of the elves have very long life spans, so things don't have the urgency for them that they do for the shorter lived peoples. Cassandra's greatest love is riddles, not the routine chores of existence. I don't believe that their natures changed when they arrived here."

"As for not wanting this, I honestly did try to avoid coming here at all...not that I knew where 'here' was. I was still an adolescent when Reluu told me that I had a power he didn't understand inside of me and that I would have to leave home and family to go and find its source. For a Cani, leaving home and family with the knowledge that you may never return is a hard thing indeed. When I first shifted shadows I'm not even sure I did it myself. I think I may have been given a nudge my Reluu...or one of the wizards who had been studying me. It was a hard road here, and I almost didn't survive it. It cost me a great deal to be here. All in all I think it was worth the price, but it has taken me time to see that."

"Walking the Pattern was the hardest part of all. You know for yourself how physically demanding it is and the shear force of will it takes. I will share something of that with you that I haven't told anyone else. When I was walking the Pattern I had several visions. Forgive me if I don't go into detail, some of it was deeply personal. Perhaps some day I can share, but here and now is definitely not the time. The first two visions were variations on things that had passed before, the last seemed a warning of what might come to pass. There was a theme to them though. They all dealt with a price for indecision. In the first I delayed leaving my home for too long and the power drove me mad and I had to be killed. In the last I was in a city, possibly Amber but I can't be sure, that had been devastated and one of the survivors blamed me for not having stopped it. One interesting bit of that is that the survivor was someone unknown to me at the time, but I have since met them. That does give it the air of prophecy. Be that as it may, the message I took from it was that there is a time to ponder and a time to act, and I need to cultivate the wisdom to know the difference."

At this point Harrune is definitely getting emotional, but he is visibly trying to keep it in check. It does offer a pause should Darnell wish to say something.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Unfortunately, the attempt that Darnell has of offering his support* is interrupted by an incoming psychic pressure on Harrune. (Trump call most likely.)

Post by misfit »

Harrune will hold a hand up in a "stop" gesture to Darnell. "A moment my friend...it feels like someone is trying to contact me. I knew there would be a downside to Dworkin's gift."

Harrune will cautiously open his mind enough to allow contact.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

On the other end of the call is a slightly frantic Ossian. "Krajk is on the Rebma pattern. He just past the first veil. I need... Permission to follow him if he gets into trouble..." He seems a little uncertain as to what his role should be. "Or Dworkin can help get him. He's chasing a siren, the siren looks worse than Krajk though."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune replies to Ossian, "It may be more dangerous walking a second Pattern, but use your best judgement. As soon as I get breathing gear I'll need you to pull me through. Stay in touch."

To Darnell he snaps, "There's trouble on the Rebma Pattern! Get Dworkin and get down there immediately!"

Harrune calls for breathing gear. If he knows of anyone who can throw a spell on him instead he'll make a beeline for them. Either way his goal is to be able to breath and then to have Ossian pull him to the Pattern Room.

While running towards whatever means of breathing he'll be using he will yell over his shoulder, "Cameron! It's now!"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell will salute and head over to Dworkin's table.

Assuming you leave the trump call 'open', Harrune'll get an update from Ossian in a minute... "He... He's past the second veil. I think he's going to make it. It's hard to tell from here."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

((OOC note: Harrune would know that it's probably a safe bet that Rasanam has a spare water breathing spell prepared. He's a wizard; part of the wizard's job is to anticipate what spells might be needed. Water breathing in Rebma is kindof an obvious one.))
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Having had feedback from two players, Harrune will head for Asai to ask for a water breathing spell. (He's had a much longer association with her than with Rasanam, so in a crisis that is who he would think of first). Once that is accomplished he will say to Ossian, "I'm ready...please pull me through to you." With that he waits for Ossian's response.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

(continued from here)

Cameron will lead Osmund over from where they've been talking.

(OOC: just a placeholder - it's possible Harrune will get through Trump before Cameron and Osmund arrive)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund invokes a water-breathing spell for himself and Cameron. (I'd say it's funny how he had that racked, but, you're hanging out underwater.) They hold Harrune's shoulders / hands and all three vanish into a puff of multicolored sparks.