07.06: Underwater Ball

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.06: Underwater Ball

Post by Joshua »

Since this hasn't happened yet, Ashara will enter amid minimal fanfare and take her throne in a balcony overlooking the main dance floor.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

As a secondary event, a few of the plain-clothes elite military-guard* of Rebma have entered the room, one starting to shadow Ashara.
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ashara was talking with Darnell when a small group trumps in.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

When everyone returns (OR most everyone is there), Dworkin will get up and make a short announcement.

"Fellow Amberites, I want to introduce Odin. For now, consider him a colleague of mine from before the Pattern. He is an emissary* from a place known as Chaos. Our relations with Chaos will likely be influenced by our interactions with him, so, be careful."

"I would also like to congratulate Rebma on their first pattern-walker. Sorry, first two Amberites. Three perhaps... You'll figure it out."

He laughs. "Anyhow, good luck, I will be retiring for tea later, if I will be needed."

Dworkin does attempt to leave unless someone stops him.

Post by misfit »

Harrune will step forward to address the crowd. "People of Rebma and guests, if I may have your attention. For those who do not know me I am Harrune Tharassa Tyrnath Reran. I would like to make some things clear before rumors get out of hand. I am the third that Dworkin alluded to. I have successfully walked the Rebma Pattern. While I do not renounce my status in Tir-Na Ng'oth, I do claim title as a noble of Rebma. Fear not, I do this not to seize personal power but allow me to better serve. My goal is to help bring the two Courts closer together and to give Rebma more of a voice above the waves. Thank you."

Harrune will step back and find a seat for himself.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

In general, there is a stunned round of whisperings, most notably on the meaning of 'noble', some of them hostile.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

A short while later, Rasanam also makes an announcement. ((Reposted here for your convenience.))

"We are declaring Ashara as Regent of Rebma, with full rights to make proclamations in regards to her person, her realm, and related topics."

((The "We" in question being, in no particular order, Rasanam, Lyra, Harrune, Morgana, Oberon, Asai, Ossian, Darnell, Alystrakos, and Cameron (assuming he hasn't gone anywhere in the meantime?) Kokytos is also present on the balcony, but unconscious, and thus can't - from Rasanam's point of view at least - be considered to be standing in support of anything right now.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ashara will stand and walk to the front of the balcony. "My people, it is okay. As Regent, I would like to welcome the three new members of Rebma. My goal, as we always do, it to provide a more formal orientation for them. To go from no Pattern-walkers to this in so short a time must not upset the order or solidarity we have come to rely on. As such, I will personally meet with them and call in appropriate head-of-guilds as needed. This is our city, and it will remain as such."

Between all the announcements, there is much talking and rumors, but no actual panic. Yet...
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

For the record, it's likely late after all the events and announcements. The night is winding down.