07.04f: Day on the Town

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

07.04f: Day on the Town

Post by Wyvern »

With the jousting over for the day, the fields have been converted for use in wrestling matches; as before, Alys pauses at the outskirts to look over the area.

That done, she heads in, waiting patiently nearby until Oberon is done with both his current match - and with helping his defeated opponent back to his feet.

"Good technique," she comments as Oberon exits the ring. "I'm almost tempted to ask for a quick match... except that I doubt it would be."
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.04f: Day on the Town

Post by Joshua »

"Of course not Lady Alys." He says in a mix of amusement and patronizing sexism that likely goes over Alys' head. ( Yay low psyche.)

"IF you give me a short moment to put on some clean clothing, we can begin... where did you want to start? the castle or the city?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"The city, of course; the castle is clearly well in hand."

Alys will make appropriate small talk until the two of them have reached the city. When an appropriate alleyway becomes available, she turns into it and - once out of sight of the main street - jumps, landing cleanly on the rooftop of a carpenter's shop*.

Once Oberon catches up, she starts the real conversation:

"So, what do you know of Chaos?"

_____
* Closed due to the festivities; the people that would normally be at work there are off enjoying themselves. Which makes this about as private a place as one is likely to find in the city.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"The primal force?" Oberon asks. "No, you're looking for... what?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"So Dworkin told nobody about where he came from." Alys sighs and shakes her head. "Did he - or anyone - at least teach you enough that you're not going to accidentally kill yourself with shapeshifting, or am I going to have to do that as well?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I'm not sure what you're talking about, but if I were able to shapeshift, I assure you I would have had sufficient training to handle myself." Oberon shrugs. "As for Dworkin's past, I didn't ask."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Good. So, Chaos is a place, as well as a... 'color' of reality..." Alys goes on with basically the same explanation of Chaos (and Odin) as she gave to the assembled royalty of Tir'na.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Sounds dangerous. But, I'm willing to hear what Odin has to say before I panic." He will shrug. "Did you still want to do inspections?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys grins. "Oh, absolutely. But then, so are we - at least as long as we don't panic."

"And, if anything, I think a few inspections might be even more important now - from what I've heard, it sounds like the city guards will be more loyal to coin than country, and that's not an ideal state of affairs for dealing with potential infiltrators that might have come with - or followed - Odin."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, the city is all of five years old. Maybe six in the older parts." Oberon will state. "That causes issues."