07.04c: Meetings and Reflections

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.04c: Meetings and Reflections

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods. "Reasonable requests. I'll see what I can do when I get the time."

To Asai, he comments, "That brings up an interesting question: wherever Tir'na goes during the day, it does still seem to exist in some way. I wonder if Trump could reach it?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Cassandra listens will add briefly, "Perhaps, Harrune, you could commission something for your family's use?" Before getting onto the new topic.

"I suppose we would need a volunteer to stay there during the day. I ... am not sure I wish to test that riddle myself."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam shrugs. "I'd be happy to stay there for a day - or a day minus however long it takes to trump out - but not, I think, while the festival is ongoing. If nothing else, it should give me plenty of time to work on enchantments."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"I think I should try as well. I have been tasked with learning more about this aspect of Tir'na Ng'oth's nature. Well, I suppose that 'tasked' isn't the right word. 'Challenged' would probably be closer to the mark. In the end it works out to the same thing. While standing near the brink might reveal something, I think it is best studied from within. There have been a few instances of people trapped there for the day. There have been no reports of any resulting deaths. It shouldn't be life threatening for us...if we are careful."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Cassandra will offer, "If you wish, we could find the survivors and demand answers. I don't believe anyone has actually demanded answers."

She will laugh. "I can do that, if you want. I like demanding answers."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"I admit that I don't have experience with this type of scholarly inquiry, but I am inclined to think that wouldn't be wise at this point. It would seem to me that it would be better to go in with no preconceived expectations. That should allow for more unbiased observations.". Harrune cocks his head. "Or maybe one person who has talked to them and one who has not? Am I making any sense here?"
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai's mouth opens, as if to speak, and then with an odd look it snaps shut again. Her head tilts to one side, then back, and then her ears cup forward as she fixes a piercing gaze at a seemingly ordinary section of the invisible mirrors.

((Imagine the sort of point-in-space stare a house cat gets... but with ranked psyche.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Cassandra... no, a reflection of her in the mirror, walks out of the rolling clouds in the reflection.

"The serpent coils
Wrapped around the creator
To name and define

Pattern is inscribed
The laws of creation change
Rule destroys Balance

It ceases to be,
neither chaos nor order,
and becomes itself.

What is it?"

The reflection does not linger long, fading like the phantom echo of the statement.

Darnell, having just entered, will blink and shake his head. "What was that?"

Cassandra will state, regretfully, "That wasn't me."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune looks back and forth, clearly confused by what just happened. He is clearly at a loss for anything useful to say about it...
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai's piercing gaze flicks off even more abruptly than it had arisen. She twitches her muzzle, then swivels her head back around to face the rest of the room's occupants. Her voice wry, she comments, "Always with mirrors and cryptic riddles. I think it's one of the quasi-constants of reality, along with things like gravity and light."