07.04a Jousting Field

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

07.04a Jousting Field

Post by misfit »

Harrune arrives at the jousting field. He looks around until he spots the box where Ossian is sitting to watch the sport. He makes his way over to the box and approaches Ossian.

"Good morning Lord Ossian. You are looking well today. Forgive the interruption, but I was hoping to discuss a matter of state with you."
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.04a Jousting Field

Post by Joshua »

Ossian is sitting in intricately worked elven-plate holding a silver spear. "If you wish... Lord Harrune. I am up shortly though. If you order, I can cancel that for our talk." His tone is still annoyed, but he's controlling it rather well.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune's ears droop and he sighs. "Oh Ossian, of course I'm not going to order you to drop out of the joust. You and I clearly have different ideas of what this title "Ruler" means. We need to settle that misunderstanding. I want to get together all of the Amberites of Tir'na Ng'oth this afternoon to discuss that issue. I'd also like us to work together to develop a plan for Tir'na's future. That's why I'm here...to invite you. You are an important part of Tir'na Ng'oth and have been since you arrived. We need you. Can I count on you to be there?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

He nods slowly. "What time?" Thankfully, the joust is just practice, and he will be done well before noon.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"I was thinking an hour after noon, if that is acceptable for you. There is a meeting room on the second floor of the Castle. We can meet there. I will make sure we have some food and refreshments on hand. I don't expect it to be a long meeting, but the first of many I'm afraid. Thank you Ossian."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alystrakos and Lyra approach the jousting field, pausing at the outskirts to look over the area and watch the current match, between a knight with a black horse on his shield, and one with a red falcon. The second is clearly outmatched - he barely held to his seat in the first pass, and will most likely fall in the second, while his opponent is all but untouched.

Oberon - who Alys and Lyra had come here to meet up with before heading out to tour / inspect some of the city guard precincts - is off to one side, preparing to ride in the next match. So they head to where Ossian and Harrune are talking.
"Say, do either of you know who the black horse knight is?" Alys asks.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ossian shakes his head. "He is new to this tournament, best I know. Why do you ask?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys frowns. "Find out what you can, then, but be cautious - if he is not here at Dworkin's invitation..." she shakes her head.

"Harrune - I understand you're planning a meeting of Tir'na Nog'th nobility sometime today? There is a matter of state that Morgana asked me to mention to the other courts - though for now, it may be wiser to keep it to the royalty. So perhaps just before or after your meeting?"

_____
* Those of at least amber ranked psyche - i.e. everyone here - can tell that these two thoughts are related; Alys thinks that the black horse knight's presence is, in some way, a matter of state, and not just indicative of a single skilled combatant.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Lady Alys, of course that would work. We were also working to be as many of us as possible together before the celebration to discuss a show of support for Rebma. You might be able to address all of the courts at one time if that would suit you better. Ossian is better situated to investigate our new arrival here, so I will stay out of his way on that project. If there is anything I else I can do to help, there is nothing else that I'm doing today that can't be set aside."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

If it's worth anything, Ossian is scheduled to take the black-horse knight on next, and is getting ready to do so.