07.03: Shadow of the Mountain

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.03: Shadow of the Mountain

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will listen and finally speak up. "Perhaps there is more going on. It would help if we knew where Dworkin was from. I have not tried walking there myself, but have been focused more on keeping this place together. It would be a good project I suppose. But first things first, let's get you introduced so that you can have proper authority here."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"A reasonable topic for later discussion."*

Alys pulls out Lyra's trump card. "Did you want Lyra here for this part? I know she intended to have a chat with Dworkin, but we could at least check if that's done with..."

_____
* Morgana should have enough psyche to correctly interpret this as "I have relevant information which I intend to share in the private meeting I asked for."
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

It is about this time that the Raven flies in, with Aibne in tow, having tracked the group down from the the front gates

"Good day, everyone"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Tinder eyes the Raven speculatively, but apparently decides that a flying leap would not be appropriate.* Instead, he heads over to greet Aibne, tail wagging cheerfully.

Alys nods politely to the both of them, but replies to the Raven, "Good evening. I trust you've found the winds agreeable tonight?"**

_____
* Of course, if the Raven actually lands, he'll find himself being licked by a friendly dog - even if he lands on some sort of precarious perch where a dog would normally not be found. Tinder may have taken lessons from a passing mountain goat at some point...
** Ht'gon is next to a cliff. The winds here are a bit tricky. Nothing the Raven can't handle, of course, but it's not exactly untroubled air. So this could be an entirely mundane question about flight conditions. It's probably not, but it could be.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Alys, let me know when Lyra is available. Probably best for us to walk in together," Morgana says. (also, due to the time dilation, this is about an hour after where Lyra currently is.)
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Good evening, lady Morgana, lady Alys. My Master has commanded me to compose for you a song," he says, bowing to the fire maiden, smiling a little. "I hope you will hear it soon. Lord Cameron," he says, bowing shallowly to each of him. "I trust you have been enjoying your tour of the city I call my home?"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"The winds around here are fairly interesting... there are a few interesting eddies and downdrafts, though nothing too difficult."

With that, the Raven lands on Tinder (perhaps hoping maybe Aibne will pay notice to Tinder if he makes it a bit more obvious.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will smile at the half-bear. "Aibne, It is good that you came. I know I shouldn't say this, but you have been in Amber longer than I, and perhaps know the ways of Ht'Gon better than I do. It is a shame that Dworkin did not let you take your potential until recently." She will shake her head. "I hope you can understand that you are in charge... Rogbar isn't..." She will let the matter drop, for now.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Tinder spends a few moments spinning in circles, because obviously doing that will help him twist his head around far enough to lick the Raven's face.

Alys nods. "It did look fairly straightforward. A bit of clever cliff-carving could make things much more interesting. And that's without getting into what a sorcerer could do for defenses..."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne grimaces a little and bows to Lady Morgana, as if properly chastised, but obviously not planning on changing anything anytime soon. "Ht'gon has more defenses that the merely obvious," he says, smiling at Alys. "From the air, there's are only two points of entry, and not even the greatest of birds can brave the winds in the Great Chimney." He thinks a little, glancing at Raven. "Don't test that without alerting the archers. We had a couple of gryphons a few months back, huge incident. Without Morgana to sort it out, Amber might have only two client states instead of three."