07.01l The Seventh Winter (Mercenary Matters)

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

07.01l The Seventh Winter (Mercenary Matters)

Post by Draylen »

Eight members of the shadow Striders are sitting at a long table, talking amongst themselves. Frequently, they glance up at Aibne, who is reluctantly walking over quietly. "Lieutenant Rogers," he says, saluting the small goblin wearing a feathered cap.

"Aibne!" he says, nodding. "at ease, soldier. Sit, eat. Soup's good enough." Aibne obeys a little hesitantly, but the mercs move to let him sit, smiling and chatting. A well-built, slightly blue-tinted Orc speaks up. "Yo, bearboy! Whose that chica Rogbar was all over, an' how'd ya know her?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.01l The Seventh Winter (Mercenary Matters)

Post by Draylen »

"She is Lady Alystrakos. As for how I know her..." he this for a minute, then grins. "A round of ale, a roaring fire, and an instrument or two, and I'll tell you the story of how she came into my life," he says, a twinkle in his eye, and the table claps.

"Nice ta be seein' yer new title 'asnt gone ta yer head, lad," the Orc says, making the bear shrug. "Might be seein' about returning it," he retorts, frowning a little, as the page from before comes back and strides over to Aibne, lap harp in hand.
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

While the mercenaries were shuffling around to make space for Aibne, the Raven also managed to seat himself at the table. "I clearly chose a right table, if I'll get a song along with my soup."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The bear looks and blushes a little, ducking his head as he takes the lap harp and strums it gently. It sings wonderfully, a beauteous harmony of notes, and he smiles, closing his eyes. "I think... Perhaps after I eat. If I'm to do this, I might as well do it right-" he starts, to the immediate booing of the rest of the table.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Shortly after the meat course begins and the spectacle with Rogbar, the blue-tinted orc will observe, "Dios mio! I haven't seen such a romantic fail since Rogbar fell into that crab tank in Rebma. That chica is crazy."

Rogers, the goblin, will add, "Yeah, but he got three dates out of that. And we feasted on crabs for a week."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne turns thoughtful. "Isn't he still banished from Remba for that?" he says, munching on a steak. "Or was the urchin princess a different thing?"
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron makes his way over quietly - not meekly, just not wantign to interrupt.

"MInd if I join? All the other tables seem like they'd be less... friendly."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Of course, sit down!" a redcap says, grinning behind the bloodstained hat that gives his species it's name. "We've got plenty of orcs in the command, you'll be right at home."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron chuckles and takes a seat, setting a mostly-full tankard down. "That would be some mean feat, but I'm never averse to trying!" He settles heavily into the chair, though not at all unsteadily, surprising given how much he may be assumed to have drunk.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will limp over and almost slump in his chair. He will pour himself a drink and respond to a question no one actually asked. "I hate to say this, but I think she is out of my league. I, Rogbar the Mighty, may have met my match."