07.01i: The Seventh Winter (Table in the Corner)

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.01i: The Seventh Winter (Table in the Corner)

Post by misfit »

"Exactly what announcement will need to wait until Rasanam has had his talk with Lady Ashara. We need to know what will work best for Rebma first. Having the support of both of our courts will help some I think. We should see about a spokesman from the Court of Amber as well. That way it's a united front. I think that would send a stronger message. Fortunately we have time to arrange that."

"As for Ossian...in some ways maybe he is better suited for leadership. I never sought it. It is so odd be given affan when I wasn't even aware I was choofing. And not knowing the conditions of the contest just makes it more frustrating." Harrune sighs and rubs his eyes.

"I suppose the best thing all around would be to call a meet of Tir'na's Amberites and other nobles. We can start establishing an order for ourselves, setting goals, and so on. Taking Ossian's advice would probably be helpful, but being publicly seen seeking and taking his advice would no doubt be better. I sincerely want his help and support with running Tir'na. I just hope his angry won't cause him to take it amiss."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Perhaps, you could meet Dworkin for tea and ask what the challenge was?" Morgana asks. "That might settle your thoughts on it."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Or confuse them more knowing Dworkin." Harrune laughs. "But a chat with him might be helpful. It might give me some clue of what he expects from me. Would you care to tag along for that one? It might help you as well."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana shakes her head. "No.. I think Lyra, Alys and I need to head to Ht'Gon afterwards. Make sure there's as little pushback as possible from them."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"If outside support will help you know you can call on me. Unfortunately this is likely to be one of those situations best dealt internally."

Harrune sighs. "It would seem that we both have our work cut out for us. Just promise me that we'll still find time to have tea and I think I can bear up to it." He smiles.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana nods. "Of course. No use in real power if you can't take time for yourself on occasion." She will look as the cookies arrive.

"Well, perhaps it can wait a little bit."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune and Morgana's conversation will settle down into the boring (at least to outsiders) chit chat between friends who are trying to avoid deeper issues and just enjoy themselves. After a short time of this Harrune will excuse himself and move to another table
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys comes over from what was originally Ossian's table, and talks to Morgana for a bit, before continuing on to find Oberon and the Amber Guard Captains.

_____
Placeholder post; conversation was run over chat, and needs some re-formatting before I can put it up here. Will edit it in later.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods politely to Morgana, and opens with her standard introduction - an unspoken offer to shake hand, and "Greetings, I am Lady Alystrakos Obsidia Sybaris; you may call me Alys if you prefer. I'd meant to meet you sooner, but there kept being… distractions."

"Alys, I was hoping to invite you to the fort tonight. It seems Dworkin believes you'll be joining us regardless of your walking the pattern or not."

Alys looks thoughtful for a moment. "I did have other plans tonight, but nothing too important; showing immediate support for your appointment is probably more valuable."

"What were they?" Morgana asks. "If they are short…. perhaps afterwards?"

"A talk with the Amber guard captains, followed by a surprise inspection of some of the guard precincts in the city… Even the first of those might take some time, however."

"Well, Will and Rolf should be around… The inspections might take a bit. although, you could always check Ht'Gon's."

"Not a bad idea," Alys replies. "Though I expect it will be much better off than the ones in the city; I'm somewhat concerned by the lack of a unified legal system beyond the decrees of royalty."

"Ht'gon has the same problem. I mean, the dwarves and goblins don't like each other. And the orcs just made a camp; they don't even stay in the fort."

"Hm..." Alys tilts her head thoughtfully. "I've seen similar issues dealt with using gladiatorial games - something to channel hostilities away from outright fueds. I'm not entirely sure that's something I want to introduce here, though I suppose Dworkin's rules on dueling are already somewhat similar."

"Yeah... Maybe a marriage..." She shakes her head. "They're really... traditional enemies. Generational enemies."

Alys nods. "Always a difficult thing to deal with. My parents would have suggested making both sides more afraid of you than they are angry at each other. But I've found that tends to backfire in the long term."

"Yes. plus… they are very different cultures."

"Probably best to focus short term solutions on simply damage control, then; a proper resolution might take half a dozen generations or more."

"Yeah. and the life span difference is fairly large as well." Morgana says and shrugs. "Well, best see for yourself I think."

Alys sighs. "I've never liked dealing with lifespan differences. Too many people don't plan even to grandchildren, and when they know they won't be around to have to clean up their own messes..."
She pauses a moment, shaking her head before continuing, "I'll go let Oberon know I've changed my plans, then, and catch up with you soon."