07.01h: The Seventh Winter (Fae-touched)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01h: The Seventh Winter (Fae-touched)

Post by Joshua »

"I am impressed. You obviously know courts well. I would hope that, as time permits, we may become allies promoting decorum." He smiles and bows again. "Unfortunately, I have other invitations to make. If you wish, you are welcome at my table tonight. If not, perhaps dessert or tea, before sparring."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Oh, but I would not want to disrupt your... 'other engagements'. Perhaps dessert, then?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ossian will nod and offer a goodbye hand-kiss. "Until later, I will note each minute." He will smile, and... was goign to head to talk to Aibne, but that's going to have to wait until Raven has passed... Perhaps Harrune then.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Until then." Alys looks around for a moment before heading off to find a seat for the meal.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune walks over to Ossian.

"Good evening Lord Ossian. You are looking well tonight. How may I be of service?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"thank you Harrune, you seem to be doing well. I had heard rumor that Dworkin was making an announcement during the festival. Perhaps relating to trump, but I'm not sure. I think it might be about an official ruler for the courts, or a ruler for each court." He smiles and shrugs. "I just wanted to touch base with all in my court to be sure that we're united no matter what happens."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune looks genuinely puzzled (mainly because he is). "How could you think to ask such a thing? How long have we know each other Ossian? Tir'na Ng'oth is my home. It is as much a part of me as I am of it. I will do all I can for Tir'na Ng'oth and her people."

Harrune sighs. "I must apologize. Loyalty is a very important thing to my people. Although I know you did not mean it that way, it felt like you were questioning my loyalty. That is not something I would take lightly. I stand with the Court...always."

"I have heard some rumors relating to Trump as well, but they were just vague speculation. And we've all heard rumors of Dworkin choosing rulers before. It seems that comes up every time he gathers people together. We have had some additions to the Courts. Perhaps that means something, perhaps not. I don't know of anyone who has gotten rich trying to bet on what Dworkin's next move will be. Has he given you any hints? If he were to mention anything of the sort to anyone in Tir'na you would be that person."

"Hmmm...if there is something afoot relating to Trump, perhaps we should check with Darnell. I know that he has been involved with that."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Unfortunately, Darnell has decided to leave with Rogbar on some silly quest. Hopefully they will be back soon." Ossian will shake his head. "Perhaps Rasanam will know something, but I don't want to interrupt their seating at the moment."

He will bow slightly. "Regardless, I apologize for forgetting the place you are from. It is still a very alien mindset to the fae that trained me. It will be a change if there is little backstabbing in our court, although, a welcome one. I am a little concerned about our relations with Ht'Gon. Even with the marriage tying us together. I wonder if Lyra will be ..." He will sigh. "I'm doing it again."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Peace my friend. I don't believe that you have crossed the line from 'vigilant' to 'paranoid'. We all have multiple loyalties: to our Court, to Amber as a whole, to our friends, our families, and so on. Those can cause conflicts. And we do have new faces who we don't know well yet. We don't know how they will behave. You don't think I like to get to know the key players just because I'm being friendly do you? I try to keep my eyes open and my ears to the ground as it were. If we see trouble developing early we have a chance to heading it off. If we close our eyes and hope for the best we risk some very ugly surprises. We have been lucky so far, but can that last forever?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I am glad someone understands. Still, I do find it unlikely Morgana would turn on us. More that she might be deposed." He sighs. "Regardless, I was planning on dining with Darnell over dinner, and my plans have changed. Perhaps one of the new players. I heard Aibne spent time with the fae, perhaps we can bond over that during the meal."