07.01e: The Seventh Winter (You Only Want Luck)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01e: The Seventh Winter (You Only Want Luck)

Post by Joshua »

"No-no..." Rogbar says, looking a little concerned. "Did Dworkin gift you with a suite in the castle?" (OOC: If not mentioned, the suite should be in Ht'Gon.)
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"u-um, y-yes Sir?" he says, cringing a little. "and a wealth of instruments besides..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Technically," Alys supplies helpfully, "The suite is in Ht'gon. Why he put an entrance up here, I couldn't tell you, but I would not bet on the near entrance sticking around for too much longer."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will ponder for a moment. "That is quite different. And this simply will not do. Such a promotion should be announced or foreshadowed. How that man managed to create the world is beyond me; he'd forget his head if it wasn't attached."

He will sigh. "Let me check the guest list. Aibne, it may be that I can no longer be your Master. Although, I will always be your friend and I have some experience in making peasants into royalty. I will double-check though." Turning his attention back to Alys, he will add. "I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot mi'lady. If you wish, after the meal, I could- make it up to you." He invokes the previous spell, and offers a conjured rose to Alys.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys takes the rose and examines it with a dubious expression. "Aren't roses supposed to have thorns?"

"Still," Alys turns her attention back to Rogbar, as the rose in her hand bursts into flames*, "I doubt you actually intended further insult, so I will give you the chance to make it up to me. Some rounds of sparring after dinner would be a good start on that."

"And I'll even," Alys takes Rogbar's hand, and pours the ashes** of what used to be a rose into it, "give you until then to find a better rose." Then she steps back, and favors the cat with a very predatory grin***, adding, "If you still think that's a good idea."

_____
* Those with ranked psyche may note that there isn't even a flicker of magic as the rose ignites.
** The ashes are painfully hot, but not dangerously so, and will cool rapidly.
*** Alys is deliberately turning her "obviously dangerous" quirk up to 11, here.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar's ears turn forward in absolute and total interest. "Aibne, you better not be planning on eloping with the maiden, because this one will be mine." He turns to head off, before hesitating. "That's right, the guest list." He sighs and heads to the front of the room to check the listing of invites. "Aibne, pick up your jaw. You're the strong one, right?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"N-no Master!" the bear says, closing his jaw obediently, staring at the woman. His eyes are wide, his fur standing on end, and he quivers a little, but tries to stay calm. He's relying on his training, and he's doing decent, but anyone with ranked psyche can see that he's in a really bad way.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys blinks at Aibne's reaction, and - with obvious and deliberate effort - tries to look less threatening than normal for a moment.
"Well," she says cheerfully, "That should settle that, then. Rogbar seems to have a solid understanding of your new station; just don't let him take too much advantage of you while you're getting used to it, and you should be fine."

She'll pause a moment to see if Rogbar has any particular response, and if nothing further needs saying, turn and head off towards the refreshment table.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar the Mighty makes a small nuisance of himself, the cat checking the guest ledger. He will mumble something like a swear under his breath, before relaying to Aibne, "My friend, they have you listed as a full member of Ht'gon on the guest list. Dworkin would never allow such a mistake." He sighs. "You need to take a little time to talk to your court. One of them is talking to Ayum, start there. I will be right back."

He will flick his ears around, and practically tackle Darnell. A short exchange later, Darnell will pull out a card of some kind and they (Darnell and Rogbar) vanish in a pop of multicolared sparks.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

(OOC: May I suggest that Rogbar point Aibne at Cameron instead of Lyra? That would be more likely to result in reasonable numbers of players per thread.)