07.01e: The Seventh Winter (You Only Want Luck)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.01e: The Seventh Winter (You Only Want Luck)

Post by Joshua »

A low, long, almost keening yowl starts up outside of the door to the main hall, before the door opens. The noise grows in pitch, as a pair of boots are thrown into the center of the room, narrowly missing several people. A streak of black lightning flashes along the same trajectory, landing in the leather boots paws first. On his side is a long silver rapier, and on his head a wide feathered cap. He stands tall as he might, only just barely cresting five feet. In the center of his chest is a large white patch that looks like a leaf. The yowl builds up loud and louder, before he stomps, and it starts. The page at the door blinks, before shaking his head. "U-uh," he starts, recovering his wits. "Rogbar the Mighty."

"I would have words with Alystrakos!" the cat bawls, looking wildly around the room. "Also Aibne."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.01e: The Seventh Winter (You Only Want Luck)

Post by Wyvern »

Alystrakos ambles over*, wearing a slightly bemused expression and clearly in no hurry.
"Quite the dramatic entrance, there. I am Lady Alystrakos Obsidia Sybaris. A pleasure to meet you, Rogbar." She tilts her head slightly in greeting, but does not offer a hand to shake.

_____
* Continued from here
Last edited by Wyvern on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The Raven finds this encounter interesting... but only from a safe distance. He's a tad skittish around strange cats.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar blinks, then pulls out the letter and rereads it. "Lady? I think I missed that part." He reads the letter again. "Huh... That changes everything. Can't very well duel you." He frowns, and refolds the letter. "What is this about Aibne being free? By what authority do you make this claim?"

He will turn to Aibne when the bear approaches. "And why wasn't I consulted about this sale?" He will pause. "You're not eloping are you?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys rolls her eyes at the "Can't very well duel you" comment, but lets it slide (for now).

"By Dworkin's and the Pattern's authority. Aibne survived attuning to the Pattern; by Amber law that makes him royalty and above such matters as a contract of indenture. As to why you were not consulted beforehand... I suggest you take that up with Dworkin; from Aibne's description of events, it seems Dworkin did not consult with him, either."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

THe tall bear looks very small as he walks obediently over to the cat, head hanging morosely. "Good day Sir," he starts, not quite looking at Rogbar. "I don't really know what she's on bout, Sir... Only what she told me after I appeared in the main hall, Sir..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Ha!" Rogbar says. "Dworkin is such a kidder. Making his castle turn within itself." He puffs up his chest. "Surely you mistook a simple teleport for something else. Sure, mine is flashy, but that's the kind of tom I am. Still, one cannot fault a lass such as yourself for not knowing the tricks. Now... No more of this."

At which point he will attempt to use a spell, but I am guessing he's going to get cut off.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"I am quite capable of distinguishing between sorcery and a Greater Power. Besides, he still had all his spells racked, and not enough time since arriving at the castle to cast a teleport capable of breaching the hall's protections. And you would still have to explain why Dworkin arranged for a suite of rooms tailored to his interests."

Alys doesn't bother with shutting down the incoming spell; she can tell it's not intended as an attack.
Last edited by Wyvern on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogbar will let the spell drop at those words. "Er, what?" He will ask, turning towards Aibne. "Is that true?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I don't have any personel transport spells, Sir..." the bear says quietly, ducking his head. "I can support if someone needs a gate open... But I don't have one for me Sir..."