07.01b The Seventh Winter (On The Side)

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

07.01b The Seventh Winter (On The Side)

Post by misfit »

From Main Thread.

"Greetings my friend. I was hoping that we could talk for a bit. I am Harrune...and I will spare you the litany of my full name...other races seem to find that tedious for some reason." He shrugs.

"Unless I am mistaken, you would be Aibne Grant. I seem to recall seeing you on visits to Ht'Gon, but I don't believe we have actually spoken yet."

"I am told you have have walked the Pattern. Well done! You will find that this gives you great new power. And having a social standing just below that of Dworkin carries new power of a different sort. It can be a great deal to adjust to all at once. If I may be of assistance please let me know."

He seems ready to ramble on, but catches himself to actually give Aibne a chance to respond...
Draylen
Lunatic

Re: 07.01b The Seventh Winter (On The Side)

Post by Draylen »

The mercenary paid little heed to the words of the strange dogman, only grunting in reply. "I am he," he mutters, keeping a careful eye on his charge. "But I am not here for frivioloties." he rumbles, a sort of growl, as the dwarf slips from his sight, and turns to look at Harrune. "If you be of Ht'gon, you are guaranteed no friend mine. Especially if you continue to espouse this talk of the games you free men play. If you have no business, then-" he cut himself off, swore in a foreign tongue, seeing the merchant start to approach a great ogress. "I will direct you to my master's den in Ht'gon."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune's ears droop and his head cocks to one side. "Master? free men? ...but you walked the Pattern. You are a free man. You have no Master." At this point Harrune clearly starts to bristle with emotion. "I would have words with anyone who says otherwise. Who is this 'Master' of yours?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

The bear sighed, looking at Harrune. "Rogbar owns my contract. He was in Ht'gon when Ayum and my division left for the trade routes, and, really, between you and Alys and Ayum, I've had all together too much of these games." His left palm clenches, playing with the cool gold metal band on his finger, before relaxing slowly. "Thirty years of labor, twenty seven yet remain. A lifetime for a young man, which I passed some time ago."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Peace friend. It was not my intent to play games with you. Apologies if offense was given. Amber is a place where people of different cultures meet, and some times there are bound to be misunderstandings. I cannot help but wonder, and feel free not to answer if the question offends, but what price for 30 years of your service?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

He grunts, and sighs, watching the dwarf and elf talk. "They found me in a mine, that's all you need to know." he folds his arms, grumbling softly. "It is enough that Rogbar bought my contract, had a use for me."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune cocks his head and give Aibne a long, appraising look. "I do believe that you are correct. That is all that I need to know. It would seem that I am being an unwelcome distraction. I shall leave you to your task."

Unless Aibne does something to stop him, Harrune will drift back to the party.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne grunts and starts moving further toward the merchant dwarf and the woman talking to him, when a low yowl starts ringing through the hall.

(Continued in the main thread.)