07.07b: Dance Floor (Section 1)

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.07b: Dance Floor (Section 1)

Post by misfit »

As Nuall sees the pair approaching he will raise an eyebrow and whispers "Right on cue. We can chat more later."

He will allow the partner change and since no one is currently using Dance Floor (Section 2) we'll head over there for a little something I like to call the Farusi Watusi.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin smiles, "I was not expecting someone quite like you here. But, Dworkin insisted you were one of the local courts." His touch, a hand brushing your shoulder during one particular dance step, leaves no doubt he knows a bit of your background. "Is that true? Is this where your loyalties lie?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys quirks an eyebrow. "My, my. Straight to the point." She shakes her head before continuing. "Do you really think Dworkin would allow me to remain here if he had any doubts? Of course, not everyone here is quite so trusting..."

______
* Subtext: I'm being watched, which leaves my choices of answer as "yes" or "obfuscate". Please exercise more subtlety in your questions.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

He gives you a little twirl. "Surely the accommodations here are better than ... well, the less civilized living quarters you've seen. Yet, this is where I have looked for, secluded in a way I could not have predicted. Dworkin's actions have placed me in a difficult position. Especially considering..."

He makes a short series of sounds, almost birdlike, but also obscene in tone. At least, it intrinsically sounds blasphemous.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys' eyes narrow. "Then, surely, you're also aware that I wasn't exactly well placed to have heard more than rumor and hearsay." It's fairly clear that whatever Odin said there at the end annoyed her.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"He did not cast out the angels, he destroyed the very concept of a ruling clan." Odin makes a brief eye contact to allow the gravity of his statement to sink in.

Then he will sigh. "Does no one here know anything? I'd like to think I would be knocking down doors for information."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys will take a few moments (though she doesn't miss any dance steps) to close her eyes, breathe deeply, and recover some degree of calm before answering.*

"Dworkin keeps his secrets very close to his chest; I suspect he'd planned to make something of a clean break with... prior traditions. The most I was able to get out of him was a description of all this as some sort of 'grand experiment' - but what he hopes to prove or discover, I have yet to discern."

"As for... it would be hard to imagine a better place to hide a Power. It is so hard to See," Alys opens her eyes again, "here, where even the dust in the air is Real."
Alys takes the lead in the dance for a moment, making a slow spin that lets her scan the entire room.

_____
* Of course, this is somewhat showmanship - she's got better self control than she's displaying... but it's probably for the best if people don't think she gets along with Odin, and it's probably for the best if Odin thinks she's more ruled by emotions than is actually the case. Have to be careful when trying to mislead someone who you're sure has a higher psyche - can't lie directly; have to be careful to use just the truth.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Odin will blink a similar set of... eye, momentarily with an hourglass slit. "Evolution. That's an easy." He will continue to dance as his eye return to normal. "Legends say that's when the dragons were cast out."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Then why did he pick such a static..." Alys pauses, before adding - in an almost inaudible whisper, her lips held stationary to prevent lip-reading, "Unless that's what he took. Quarantined Order away from Chaos so such flaws could not be repeated..."

In a more normal tone, she continues, "But I tend not to place much faith in legends - doubly so when they support those who could re-write the records."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Legends say that's why Dworkin did what he did. And perhaps, yes, another form of evolution." He shrugs, "It is the legend that Dworkin knows, and that he's basing his actions on. In that regard they are important. As for what he took, uh... I had not considered it could be so abstract."

"It was removed with surgery..."