07.02: Sufficiently Advanced

The goings on of courts
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.02: Sufficiently Advanced

Post by Sadie »

Smiles at Nuall, mouths "thank you" and gives him a quick friendly peck on the cheek, then turns back and walks up next to Solten and takes hold of his hand as she continues walking... then upon noticing what she did, looks down, blushes slightly as she does, shrugs, and continues walking. If Solten opens up telepathy. "We need to talk in private at the inn... If this trip is going to be few weeks... I need to figure some stuff out."
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

((At this point, Solten has decided he quite likes the closeness afforded by the mental link and will likely open it whenever in close contact with Sadie, unless there is a gameplay reason against it, such as taking far more energy than it sounds like so far. Each will likely start with a simple friendly greeting, like "Hey." unless posted otherwise. There may well be story implications of the openness, but he wouldn't know about them or possibly even care if he did.))

When she holds his hand again, he'll comment telepathically "I'm starting to think you like blushing." Then, in response, "Well, it shouldn't be all that long, but we'll worry about that later. First, dragons!" Then after a moment, "Oh, and what's a dragon anyway? Apparently they and towns are bitter enemies..."

Out loud: "Come, let us continue this adveducation."

((advedtucation = adventure + education, if that wasn't obvious))
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Telepathically, "Well depends on which mythology we're talking about. I'm assuming standard European or fantasy. If so we're talking giant, flying, fire breathing lizard known for kidnapping princesses for some reason that escapes me and hoarding treasure... Maybe the princesses are held for ransom, not sure, would explain the treasure, but not what they need with it. The dragon might be able to talk, might not. In some stories might even be a friendly hunted wrongly by mankind to make tonics or some such. Some dragons possess magic others are pure brutes... There's a lot of possibilities and I haven't even started on the dragons of the orient. Still want to take advantage of the inn stay to talk, since we're going to be there anyway. And I'm not blushing on purpose, this is all just... nevermind."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon finally leads the group onto a well travelled wagon-trail, which comes upon a tavern / inn, proclaiming itself "The Scorched Landing". A large pile of discarded (and well-scorched) armor and weapons litters a small area opposite the tavern. Oberon tears a "Wanted: Dragon Slayers" poster off the side of the inn before entering.

(Those of you who follow immediately will catch him negotiating free room and board for two nights with the owner. On the promise of a dragon hunt.)
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Grabs a room key from right out of Oberon's hands and practically pulling Solten's arm out of his socket drags him to the room, only stopping before moving out of sight to glare at Oberon and say, "It's not what you think!" In a don't you dare assume sort of way.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Ummm...I know that I promised to stop with the naive questions, but why have they burned their armor?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon rolls his eyes, "Dragons breathe fire." Before he returns to his haggling. He's got the guy down to a hero's feast on victory, and basic fare beforehand.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall silently mouths "Dragons breath fire? ...Oh!"
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten feigns resisting with a "Help me!" look, before giving a resigned grin and disappearing.
Solten
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall chuckles and says to Oberon, "Well it seems that one hunt has come to a close. Something tells me that the one you have planned will be a bit more difficult."